Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airfare Club

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I am telling you no joke. Every seat on all of the Jets are leather as well. Seriously, I don't know how they do it, but it is for real. I would not tell everyone any of this unless I had done it myself. I have, we had a great flight and we are doing it again.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Just got an email about 10 minutes ago,

$8. each way!!!! For flights at the begining of Febuary!!!

Remember, you get what you pay for! There is no way they can operate at a profit with those prices, and the first casualty of this kind of pricing is maintenance.
    I know, I've been there. You have to hope that a critical system doesn't fail at the most in-opportune moment.

I don't fly hoping, ever!

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Dude, get real. These are not all of their prices, only a few seets on a few select flights that they want to fill up. They are a very safe airline. My entire family uses them often, and none of has ever had an issue. They even have free wi-fi at the airport in the Spirit areas.

City
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

They have only been around for a few years, using equipment that is not 100% reliable. I know a whole lot more, that's for starters. As for the wi-fi, I could care less. I do not judge an airline by the terminal amenities. I choose to view the planes, their airworthiness, crew capability and professionalism.

Refer to the passengers on one of their flights to LAX, that had an issue with the nose gear, and had to make an emergency landing. They have had issues.

Consider it a word to the wise.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Whatever, they are using Airbus 319's which are smaller jets, but fine quality.

Now as far as a problem with their nose gear, I am sure it has happened to other airlines. Maybe they need to get their mechanics some better training or replace them.

Maybe you should just sit in your house and hide, because if you go out something could happen. You could get hit by a bus, a bird could drop a clam on your head, your regulator could fail because you were monkeying around with it. Crap, if you stay home, you might have a heart atack or something.....maybe you should go out....wait....um

Ok for everyone else, go and see if they fly in your area, I am really satisfied with everything even at full price.

Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

Hey who knows, a Spirit Air jet could even crash into your house while you huddle inside. There's no safe place.

Seriously though, a number of people from my dive club have used Spirit Air and have nothing but good things to say as well. I'm in.

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I bet even booking a flight TO where ever they fly from would be a cheaper way to do a trip.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Oh yea' that is true. I usually book a trip because there is a great deal. As long as there is a place to dive, I will go.

City
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dog View Post
    Hey who knows, a Spirit Air jet could even crash into your house while you huddle inside. There's no safe place.

I have never considered such a stupid reaction, nor will I ever.

Given the fact that I started working on aircraft 30 years ago, I may know a thing or fifteen about how these things are done. Also, what suffers when they do these things. I have worked for enough airlines (Pan Am and TWA to name two) to know what I am speaking of.

AS I SAID BEFORE; "A word to the wise"

I do however, know better than to think that an airline profits from selling a seat for such a pittance. If a deal is too good to be true, than it is too good to be true. I do not doubt that they offer these fares.

Lastly, for those individuals who speak as authorities on aircraft, reliability, and such: ignorance is bliss, and I only sought to remove that veil of ignorance.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Where are you going with this?

Do you really think we should pay more because you think so? They have full price tickets on the same flight for over $300, so do the ones that pay full price get what they pay for?

Dude, seriously I think you are throwing in your 2-cents just because you are in the business, however I really think you have nothing to say. Maybe you are playing the other side, because you are looking to stir things up a bit, who knows?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast