Thread: Characters you meet diving

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
    he's a bottom walker... He walks to the wreck, puts his fins on, and goes for his dive...
    Wow, some of the things I am reading here lately make me wonder if my eyes are going bad.

WHAT??? That just does not sound right. How much weight would that person have to have on his feet to be able to walk? Then how much air would that person use walking equal to a 12 minute swim? How tired would they be? Would they be able to make it back to shore? From 90 feet depth?

Remember all of the weight the old school divers had to use to keep their feet on the bottom, they had to labor to take every step, they would definately not make it the distance equal to a 12 minute swim!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCaveDiver View Post
    You can have my vote in that category Daddy-H20

I came up with the acronymn Lottie after several younger cave divers at a spot I frequent started figuring out who I was; one actually said, "oh, so you're the grumpy old b@$t@rd with all the scars." Joked about it once to some who knew me too well, and have been gobwats evwer since
    Thanks, that means a lot coming from a my Favorite Gobwats!! I am among the youngest of the divers I run with. Most think I am a little off center. We laugh alot and have a good time.

This hoever doesn't count as I was walking to a wreck, a wieght pouch fel on my head. I could have sworn I heard a "Ghost Diver in the sky"
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-h2O View Post
    I could have sworn I heard a "Ghost Diver in the sky"
    How can you hear a ghost diver in the sky?????
    Lottie

It is the song ( a poor rip off of Ghost Riders in the sky) that runs through my mind when the rest of the voices in my head are silent
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

We used to have those who's first time on that wreck to get their pic taken on that toilet. There used to be the toilet wall of fame. Then a few years back, the toilet was gone!

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by littleleemur View Post
    We used to have those who's first time on that wreck to get their pic taken on that toilet. There used to be the toilet wall of fame. Then a few years back, the toilet was gone!

Maybe someone "walked off" with it?? ROFL...

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Wow, some of the things I am reading here lately make me wonder if my eyes are going bad.

WHAT??? That just does not sound right. How much weight would that person have to have on his feet to be able to walk? Then how much air would that person use walking equal to a 12 minute swim? How tired would they be? Would they be able to make it back to shore? From 90 feet depth?

Remember all of the weight the old school divers had to use to keep their feet on the bottom, they had to labor to take every step, they would definately not make it the distance equal to a 12 minute swim!
    Well.. I can tell ya.. I saw it with my own eyes... I don't even think he had much weight on his feet, as he just put his fins on and off he went, when he got to the wreck.... Perhaps a couple of ankle weights. The entire "swim" out to the wreck is not at 90', that is just the max. depth. Average depth is about 40', getting deeper as you near the channel.

I had heard a bit about this fella, but still couldn't believe it when I saw it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12