Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dive Master Requirements - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dive Master Requirements

thanks Walter. My LDS said 3 minutes was worth 2 points. I was thinking there is no way I am doing that. 6 minutes is doable, 3 minutes means I need Mark Spitz to swim for me.
    Admin, cut the spaces, I refuse to be wordy, verbose, excessive, or redundant.

Administrator

Lol...We can add that to the several year long list of things we need to do...We're working on getting the gallery up. We need to add dive trip countdown, shorten up the post length requriement, etc.

The problem is we're divers, not web programmers...but then again if we were web programmers, not divers, the forum would be incredibly sophisticated, and no self respecting diver would want to read about html and php programming.

just the fact that you apparently know there is such a thing as html and php tells me you are far more sophisticated about bill gates' stuff then I will ever be.

that's good to hear about the time limit and points, too bad they don't do that for basic OW classes

Registered Users

Default DM Swimming requirements

Your local friendly instructor conducting the DM class should be able to help
    you with those kind of questions. I know, I know, you asked the people of this
    forum, but as a DM, I would highly recommend purchasing the Instructor Guide.
    Study it, because if you are as fortunate as I was when I became a DM, you will/should
    be assisting in a lot of classes, if you choose to do so. Go to every dive shop in your area
    and let them know you are available to help. It's the best way to learn the
    system. Once you do that for a year or two, look at becoming an instructor.
    I found it very beneficial to DM for a number of years and assist with instruction
    that when it came time to fill out the questionaire in the IDC manual, it was pretty easy.
    That is if becoming an instructor is the path you wish to take. As a PADI DM, you will be
    eligable to teach a number of classes.
    Some of my favorites are Discover Scuba (After you have been certified to teach it as a DM)
    as well as Scuba Review for those already certified.
    I also found that as a DM, you get perks, like discounts or free entry to parks, free refills,
    and a network of people all over the place. Being a DM has
    been a rewarding experience for me. Good luck on your class.

Lars
    "Let's go Diving"

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

if you are a DM or SI here in the Philippines you get discounts, free dives and dive resort accommodations, food, etc.

Registered Users

Default When can I start

Santelmo,

Sounds like a winner to me.. Room, board, food, $$, lots of diving..
    OK, I thought I was going to retire on some carribean island somewhere,
    drinking coconut milk, sleeping in a hammock tied between two palm trees,
    dive gear all around me, but your description sounds better...
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Plus the diving is world class in the Philipines! The U.S. dive publications totally give the Philippines the cold shoulder, and we don't know why, not at ScubaMagazine!

Check out the Philippines Shangri-La Divers Forum, they'll tell you everything about PI dive travel, and they'll all do it in better English than most inhabitants of Los Angeles can speak.

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

@ lars2923: that's what you get in exchange for bringing in divers/ customers. dive resorts here in the PI especially in Batangas are like mushrooms so you can just imagine the competition amongst the dive resorts...PM/contact Diverep to give you a head start on what to do and expect if you want to be a DM or SI here in the Philippines. he can even introduce you to popular dive resorts.

@ iDiveChick:
    Last edited by santelmo; 03-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Registered Users

Default I'll be there in a number of years..

Early retirement. Still saving for it. I've never been to that part of the world.
    Maybe a trip next year to visit..
    Any suggestions as to where to go, to dive and just a little site seeing?

Thanx,
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast