Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dive Master Requirements

Hybrid View

Default Dive Master Requirements

Hello all you fine OWSIs out there. I am scheduled to take Dive Master in a couple of months and wonder what is the swimming requirement. I believe it is 400 meters and I have no concerns with that BUT, I have also read somewhere that the 400 meter swim only merits 2 points if done in 3 minutes. Is that correct? That seems like olympic type speed to me.

What certifying agency are you referring to?

PADI I have OW with SSI & Naui, AOW & EAN with Naui. taking Rescue and Dive Master with PADI
    How come we gotta use at least 10 characters? I am trying to break my habit of being verbose and you are not helping.

You mean 10 characters in your screen name? Can't be that as there's no requirement...

It must be an instructor insider joke!

nope, I tried to answer your question with the 4 letter word "PADI" but was given the message that my reply must contain 10 characters.

Ah, now I get it.....maybe you should have typed PAAADDDIII

Registered Users

I have to finish up my Rescue Diver course and then start my Divemaster course. The Divemaster course looks like its so much fun quite a bit of work.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by 86diver View Post
    The Divemaster course looks like [,,,] quite a bit of work.
    Thats the understatement of the year!!! - it looks like ALOT of work....(I just got the books and i'm thinking OMG!!)
    Lottie

City
    Yarrow
    State
    British Columbia
    Country
    Canada

Default Warm or Cold

So at age 50 I decided to take on the DM course (that which does not kill you makes you stronger philosophy). Where is the best place to take it. I am out here on the west coast of BC and the "coldwater" centres suggest taking the course here as it well make you a better DM and you can dive anywhere. The "warmwater" centres suggest to do it in Florida keys, Thailand etc as these venues provide a more "friendlier environment (can concentrate on learning as opposed to dealing with issues like viz, coldwater and bulky drysuit). I know I there will be many differnt comments but I guess this is what this forum is about...

Registered Users
    City
    Moalboal
    Country
    rp

Pax,
    IMHO I think the answer really depends on what you are going to do with the CERT. If it is primarily for experience and making you are better diver, and the majority of your diving is going to be in your home stomping grounds, the I would take it at the LDS. On the other hand if your interested in turning it into an avocation when you retire in some warm tropical paradise then I would take it in places like the Caribean, Thailand or Philippines. This will give you the opportunity to experience the life style (without commiting to it). I think you can find quality instruction in just about any location. I hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast