Thread: Diving Magazines

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    OMG, THAT IS THE BEST DIVING MAGAZINE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just picked up a few back issues to check out the magazine and was floored at how perfectly that magazine fits my personality. It is definately geared toward Advanced or higher divers that are agressive self learners. There are articles there that will be way too complex for some divers, but other articles that are good for others. It is also something you would want to keep for future refrence.

I have not figured out how the internet subscription works vs. the regular subscription, but I am definately going to subscribe to at least one of them.

Thanks for leting us know about the great magazine.

By the way, do you know what issue they are up to? I have 1-11 and I think I would like to get all of the back issues if there are not too many.
    I have known Curt for a long time, so it was a no brainer for me to plunk down my subscription fee back when he first published issue #1 of ADM. He and Linda are now up to issue #27, and the publication has only become better over the years. It does mostly focus on exploration and advanced dives, but I tend to think that there is a little something in each issue to satisfy divers of all skill levels.

The ezine is something that they just started up recently as an adendum to the primary publication. It is basically a repository for great articles that did not make the hard copy due to publication costs, and is offered as a free service. They also offer an online version of the magazine proper, something Curt did to appease his many foriegn fans since it was costing more to ship the magazine overseas than it was costing to print the thing (and the postal service being as unreliable as it is, with Curt and Linda's commitment to customer service, this saved them a lot from not having to resend issues each month.)

I am sure Curt will help you out in completing your library ace, but in the meantime you can download select articles from each issue (go to the back issues page.)

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I am going to try to call Curt after the holidays. I know that he does have back issues, so I am sure he will be able to help me. I will mention that you introduced the magazine to me, I am sure it will make him happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12