Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to say 'hi' and make some new friends!

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Default Just wanted to say 'hi' and make some new friends!

Hi everyone,

I am totally new to chat forums but felt like making some online friends and where better to start than my favourite hobby: diving which I am nuts about!!!

I learnt to dive about 6 years ago and now have Advanced Open Water + a number of specialities. Only dive when on holiday, far too cold in this country! Have dived in the Caribbean and Maldives in the past. Maldives is definitely my favourite place.

Please reply to my post so I can make some new friends. Feeling blue right now as job hunting and nothing around!!!

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Hi bubbles,
    welcome to our little space on the web.

I would say that most of us here are nuts about diving (and some of us are just nuts!).

Good luck with the job-hunting, i know it's difficult - i've been made redundant a couple of times, so know the frustrations that you're going through, but you just have to keep your chin up and take in that deep breath and seize the day

So just jump right in and make yourself at home.
    Lottie

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Default Thanks Lottie

Thanks Lottie,

Wow, your from St Lucia - bet you do lots of fab diving there! Do you work in the dive industry?

How do you edit your profile on here? Add a picture etc? As I'm new to the site am still trying to figure it all out.
    Last edited by bubbles; 12-14-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Missed a question off reply.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

no worries bubbles, i'm originally from England and the diving down here is just fantastic (if your interested, checkout my blog for more underwater pics)

As to editing your profile - click on the "User CP" link at the top. The page will change and on the left hand menu, click on the "Edit profile" link. There are other links as well, which I can't remember off the top of my head, but it should be easily intuitive.

HTH
    Lottie

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Just been looking at your blog as suggested. Emagrating that is something I have always wanted to do - how did you manage it? Was it hard? What do you do for a living out there? Are you still doing IT? I have just got a First (as a mature student) at Reading University. Unfortunately my degree is in Education with English but I have decided I do not want to become a teacher - no work/life balance whatsoever. Am now struggling to find a job - too many graduates after too few jobs+I don't have relevant experience - quite how you get it when no one will give you a go I don't know!

We've enjoyed a number of Caribbean holidays and I am totally hooked on diving - wish I could just take off to warmer climates!!! Ahhhhhh

Am now going to try to edit my profile and then go back to searching through the job ads on the net!

Country
    USA

Welcome Bubbles!

Shortly members will be able to create their own blog right here.

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

Welcome aboard Bubbles, and I wish you the best of luck in finding a job! Jobs suck, but unfortunately they are necessary to pay for diving!

Hi bubbles, welcome to the SMN Community.

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Hi bubbles,

Welcome!

You can teach English, ESL all over the world to fund your diving GCSE tutoring outside of school is the money maker. Emigrating isn't that hard, most expats hang out together, usually in Expat bars and pubs etc. So the downside is that you will most likely have to socialize with those you work with.

Have you looked into Jamaica? The resorts there are always looking. A friend's brother couldn't find a job after graduating Univ & he went to Jamaica and is now the CFO of the Breezes/Sandals resort corporation (His first job out of Univ too!). He gets 2-3 dives in a day.

Good Luck!

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Wow sounds fantastic - have to check Jamaica out then! My problem is I am a mature student so have a family who would need to fit into the equation. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast