Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willow Springs Saturday 10:00 AM

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Default Willow Springs Saturday 10:00 AM

OK, I know it is last minute for most of you, but we will be meeting up at Willow Springs Quarry in Richland PA for a dive on Saturday morning.

If anyone is interested, we would love for you (and any of your dive buddys) to join us. We will be meeting at 10:00 in the dive shack. I will have a fire going to warm us up while we suit up. Pack a lunch because after the dive we will warm up by the fire and talk about our year in diving and what we have planned for over the winter/next year.

It should be a great time for all, and all levels of divers are welcome. The cost for the quarry entry is about $20 for the day. They have rental gear and air fills on site. They also have a dive shop on site as well as heated restrooms.

I know most of you are too far away for this, but for some of us this may be a much needed day off from work and shopping.

Let me know if you are interested or need any additional information.

Are you planning any other trips after the new years?
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

If you are interested, I sure will. I know the reason a lot of local divers don't get out there often is lack of other divers to go with. It is hard to get out there when it is snowing when you are not even sure if you will have a dive buddy.

This way it is open to anyone that wants to make it and there will always be a buddy for anyone that needs one. There will also be some good food and good friends.

If you have a date in mind, let me know.

I think there is usually a New Years Day Dive if you are interested, let me know. It will have to be a little later in the day as we will will have guests over.

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Are there hot showers?

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I believe so, but I am not 100% sure. I know there are showers, but I just don't know if they are hot. They should be, but you never know. They have camping facilities for tents and a different area for RV's. You best bet is to contact Willow Springs, do a google search if you have any problem, I will get your their telephone number and email. Or I can even call over there tomorrow and find out for you.

Registered Users
    State
    Country
    Canada

Is this where you usually dive the rest of the year too? I mapquest-ed it and it's a little over 4 hrs from my place in CT

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Yes, this is the place where I dive a lot. It is only 25 minutes from my house and I have a season pass. I may actually be their new service tec. (I will find out Saturday)

You are welcome to come dive with us any time you can make it. In fact, I would be more than willing to set up some diving days anytime there is an intrest. I really love the place and think it is an unknown secret in the dive community. There are new owners and they are doing a lot of improvements.

Registered Users
    State
    Country
    Canada

It must be sooo nice to have a good diving spot so close to where you live.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

It is nice, but at the same time it sucks because I used to live only 5 minutes from some dive boats in New Jersey. Quarry diving is good between wreck dives and it is very cheap.

Some folks don't like the quarry I go to, but most hard core divers love the place.

I have been to Willow, I got to say that it is a fun dive site. I think it will be really good during the winter when the alge bloom is down.
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast