Thread: What got you into diving?

Registered Users
    City
    philly burbs
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    USA

A friend moved to big pine key florida a few years back and one day while visiting, I went snorkling. I saw some really cool fishes swimming around underneath me. That was it iwas hooked. I decided that I wanted to swim with the fishes and scuba was the best way to do it. After 3 years and many snorkling/kayaking adventures in the keys, I finally took the plunge this past fall when job and finances allowed me to get certified and buy my own equipment. Oh and did i mention my tub was too shallow!

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

A couple of years ago, I sold my house and everything I owned to fund a trip around the world. I realised that I didn't want to see the GBR through a glass-bottomed boat so I visited my LDS - which, up until then, I was totally unaware of- who talked me into an OW course. 5 minutes into my first pool dive amongst the cornplasters and detritus of the local municipal swimming pool and I was hooked. The rest is history... etc,etc.
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

I watched Jacques, and Mike, and Flipper, of course.

I thought skin and scuba diving represented the coolest form of freedom possible.
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

Registered Users
    City
    Avalon
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Of course watching the early Cousteau documentaries was an inspiration. Little did I know that years later I'd be doing some work for him, and his son Jean-Michel. I tried breathing off my first SCUBA tank in 1961 but lived in the Midwest so there wasn't a lot of diving to be done except during summer and most of what I did do was to vacuum the bottoms and deep diving wells in swimming pools. It wasn't until I moved here to Catalina in 1969 that I was able to merge my interests in marine ecology and diving
    Visit my web site for images of and information about the marine life of southern California's kelp forests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12