Thread: C02 hot in video

Country
    USA

Default C02 hit in video

http://www.hse.gov.uk/diving/video/co2video.htm

The piece does seem to sensationalize and dramatize things.

I've had 3 massive hits after between 10-15 minutes from a bad check valve in the upstream side of the DSV that could not be seen and all I got to show for it was feeding the fish back on the boat and a headache that felt like someone creamed me in the head with an axe.

I did suck/blow on the front loop hose/dsv assembly and it seemed to work, but in retrospect it only checks the downstream valve, and it was the upstream valve that the center rubber post had failed and the check valve disc had flopped off to the side.

I can't believe anyone remixes their Sofnolime.

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

That's a recent publication of an old incident. The instructor responsible for the improper teachings was hopefully re-educated. I can't believe someone would remix sorb either.

I have had a couple of CO2 hits myself, and one CO incident due to breathing engine exhaust from from the boat into the loop and then diving. Stupid. The problem with these hits is the ability to recognize it prior to incapacitation so that bailout is still an option. In the case of the CO2 hits, I bailed out on my own. With the CO, I got extreme vertigo and nausea and didn't know what was up. It was a good thing I had a good trusted dive buddy with me.

Remixing sorb is just asking for a problem.