Thread: Why can't I dive twice on the same tank?

Hybrid View

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by allisonfinch View Post

Gee, how hard is it to move a BC and reg?
    It is very easy to move a BC and reg, but to change over from a single cylinder to a double cylinder is a major change that usually requires tools and adaptors. Plus you will need an additional cylinder or a replacement valve and someone to inspect and fill your cylinder.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I wear my doubles mainly because I need the practice in them!! Shallow dive or not! Plus I don't have a single tank wing, but the smurf is going to hook me up there ...

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I wear my doubles mainly because I need the practice in them!! Shallow dive or not! Plus I don't have a single tank wing, but the smurf is going to hook me up there ...

first I gotta teach you how to use the doubles

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    It is very easy to move a BC and reg, but to change over from a single cylinder to a double cylinder is a major change that usually requires tools and adaptors. Plus you will need an additional cylinder or a replacement valve and someone to inspect and fill your cylinder.
    I guess we are pretty spoiled here in Anilao. After doing doubles with 2 side mounts. We return to the resort eat and rest, by the time we are ready to go back in the water, our twins and deco bottles are topped off and ready to go. No need to remove the bladder from the twins.

But I agree having to move your bladder to another twin tank setup is a pain!

Doing two tech dives in a single day is really tiring.

Alison, a female friend who is 5'3 manages her twin tank setup quite nicely! And she is so slim.