You would never guess diving is a testosterone driven sport by the make-up of my group of diving friends. We all belong to a dive-shop based club made up primarily of diving couples from fairly young to some in their 70's. Our last trip to Bonaire was made by 7 husband and wife dive teams and one gay couple.

Some of the women in our group have logged in the thousands of dives all over the world. They are our most revered diving gurus and closest friends.

The club does have a group of tech divers who hang close together. But their knowledge and insight into our sport is informative conversation. They respect where others are in this sport, regardless of gender.

Our LDS is run by a married couple with logs that look like New York City phonebooks. They have as many women's wetsuits and other accessories on the racks as they do for men.

My greatest thrill in diving is doing it with my wife as my dive buddy. We get to share some of the most incredible sights that nature has to offer on this planet. We see with our own eyes a part of the web that holds all of life on earth together, that few other humans will ever experience. How cool is that? And I can't think of a safer buddy to have than one who actually wants to see you come back alive.

Anyone who feels this is a "man" sport is missing at least half of the fun.

Mountain Dog