Registered Users

Default Decompression Software

Zplanner and others... as an example..
    Which do you use and why?
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Registered Users

Software AP, and closed source software generation table. If you are a diver free, advanced or technical diver, GAP-software has been the dismantling of the program for you. Models also RGBM, Buhlman M11F6 slope factors are available. The platforms are Pocket PC or Windows or.

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

I use either Deco-planner or DecoChek. Both are easy to use. I use Deco-Planner running GF 35/85 when diving with others as most of my dive buddies use it with the same GF's. I use DecoChek for solo or CCR dives.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Registered Users

GAP-Software, the source for decompression & table generation application. In case you are a recreational diver or an advanced technical diver, GAP-software has the the decompression application for you.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by charmimn View Post
    GAP-Software, the source for decompression & table generation application. In case you are a recreational diver or an advanced technical diver, GAP-software has the the decompression application for you.

Recreational divers should not be using any decompression application. If they are, then they are no longer recreational divers. SO considering I am a recreational diver, what software do you have for me?

Country
    USA

Oh, I suppose some like to blur the lines between rec and tek, it can be a semantical thing......I think GAP and the likes are more for divers who want to follow some plan they create on land as part of dive planning. I think that makes it tek but perhaps some just like to fritter away with tables and software.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Oh, I suppose some like to blur the lines between rec and tek, it can be a semantical thing

I agree, but I am pretty sure that no recreational dive certification allows decompression diving.

City
    Montreal
    State
    Qc
    Country
    Canada

If I was diving typical rec dives, I would use plain dive tables as backup to my computer.
    As more than half of my dives involve deco stops, I cut custom dive tables using V-Planner.
    I chose to use the opt for the VPM B/E algorithm, even if it will not change anything from a more standard VPM B plan except for very aggressive plans.

I normally use a conservative factor of +3 for routine dives and when diving repeat deco profiles of multiple days, shoulder niggles made it clear that I should rise that to +4.

Why V-Planner? Because it works for me. Because it gives out nice regular and gradual stops that start much deeper than Bühlmann profiles on significant deco profiles.

The V-Planner software is easy to use and configure.
    I can copy paste my tables to Excel to format them as I wish. A laser print out covered with packaging tape will make these tables water resistant and reusable.

Also using an X1 computer which also runs on V-Planner, my computer and back-up tables originate from the same software.

By the way here's a short clip from my last Florida cave trip.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mbelair6#p/u/12/u2Zwy4KjT0A
    Marc

Country
    USA

Slick video!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Montreal
    State
    Qc
    Country
    Canada