Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1rst time scuba vacation - any ideas?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Glad to see I was wrong and you are still, we all love active members. Don't worry about being so long winded, we all enjoy reading what others post no matter how long.

Ace

By the way, going to the gym is always an excellent way to prepare for diving. It is only going to help you.

Country
    USA

Puerto Galera, or more properly Sabang has all sorts of really inexpensive rooms/apartments just a hundred feet from the beach. You can get your airfills anywhere and do beach dives if you want, just make sure you have a SMB due to the bangka traffic.

Jontay;
    when we were i Puerto glaera, a girl from AU. was recting a beach house on Big LaLagun beach for $180 US a month. that was two years ago. If price are up, it's because of the exchange rate. 55P/$1 then now 43P/$1.
    PG has the most varied diving, as I said earlier, ask the Publisher if he is having a good time, he's there now.
    Jontay, and Publisher, there are many more places to go in the Philippines. Dumagete,is great; Bohol, Pnaglao Is.,wouldd be another great site. My wife and I are going to Cebu next Feb.
    You can't go wrong going to the Philippines!!

Registered Users

Thumbs up Thanks for all the ideas, advice, input, etc.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. It was a lot of help.

I have checked out quite a few airfares and the best I have found was $950-$975 for roundtrip (Reno-Manila) if I go mid-Jan. thru mid-Feb. Does this sound like reasonable airfare? I thought it seemed pretty good.

I think I will just book a flight to Manila and then head to Puerto Galera and start there. I assume I can re-certify there at PG? Maybe meet a few folks, get some ideas, and then check out some other islands/dive locations after that.

Thanks for all of the responses and please feel free to offer any suggestions that you all may have. Believe me, I am open to any thoughts, lol.

By the way (for "The Publisher"), I know this sounds like I am an idiot, but what is a SMB? and it's relation to bangka traffic? Sorry, but I am not familiar with all of the acronyms yet, lol.

Thanks also to "h2odragon1" for your input. I'll probably PM you to get some specifics unless everyone would rather have it here on this open forum for their own benefit/information.

Thanks again to everyone for all of their replies.

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by jontay View Post
    what is a SMB? and it's relation to bangka traffic? Sorry, but I am not familiar with all of the acronyms yet, lol.
    SMB is the national drink, haha. That's San Miguel Beer, a pale pilsen. There's also San Miguel dark beer (Cerveza Negra), extra strong beer (Red Horse), light lager (San Mig Light), and plenty more.
    As for its relation to banca traffic, maybe for you to chill while waiting? Either that, or for bribing lol
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Submersable
    Marker
    Bouy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12