Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
Well, if there is no official certification or governing agency, the I am in business. I am going to have to speak with my friends in regards to getting parts, but I know that won't be the problem. Tools are also pretty easy to get.

I am not saying I am ready to work on regulators yet, but the parts and certification issue are taken care of. In fact, maybe I can just become affiliated with my friends dive shop as I know they don't have anyone to service their gear yet.

As far as learning how to make repairs, I am going to have to start reading. Maybe by going through my friends dive shop, I can get into the manufacturers classes.
You know, ACE, I did this 25 years ago when I started teaching; maybe protocol has changed since.
I taught at Laguna Sea Sports, and asked the shop manager, and the owner, respectively, for the contact info for the different manufacturers I was interested in (Scubapro, Oceanic, and Sherwood,) I got course info, took a half to 1 day seminar each, and was certified as a repair tech.
I was able to order rebuild kits through the shop as needed.
Pretty simple, really.
Let me know how it is for you.

ASW