Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Raja Ampat/Lembeh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raja Ampat/Lembeh

Default Raja Ampat/Lembeh

OK, it's 18 days until I leave. I usually spend a month in PNG each year, but this year I have changed things up a bit. September saw me in Borneo and I will be trying new vistas in two weeks. Can't wait.

Anyone have any input on the Odyssea I out of Sorong? It is a boat built in April of last year so is very new. It is , supposedly, built with photographers in mind. I will post a trip report as soon as I get back.

Here's my input: Can I go too?!

That sure looks like a nice boat! Let's see, nitrox, wi-fi, air conditioned rooms, computer with burner, satellite phone and e-mail, and best of all, in Sulawesi, what more could one ask for?!

Thanks for the report/photo offer, Sulawesi is my dream dive destination!

Actually, the boat is in Raja Ampat for our trip. We will be staying at Kasawari Lodge while in Lembeh. That's a new place too.

WOOHOO!!!

Registered Users

Hi Allison,

I met the owner of Kasawari at DEMA in Florida in November. He is a sharp, pleasant guy and I think you're really going to like your stay there.

The facilities look quite upscale yet still connected to their Indonesia heritage in their architecture/accomodations.

Thanks, I am really looking forward to this trip. I usually go to PNG, but wanted some new vistas this trip.

Allison, it will be interesting to hear your impressions of PNG compared to Lembeh.

I am guessing you are going to have less visibility, less coral, but way more odd marine critters that are more easily spotted against the black volcanic sand backdrop.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by allisonfinch View Post

Actually, the boat is in Raja Ampat for our trip. We will be staying at Kasawari Lodge while in Lembeh. That's a new place too.

WOOHOO!!!
    Are you back yet?....Like to see your trip report....Being I just booked my flight to Singapore for next December/January....trying to decide where to stay in Lembeh Straits....Like what I see on the Kasawari web site.

TSJ, are you taking any types of photographic equipment?

Registered Users

Yes....I use a Sony DSC N1

Wow, that's quite a dive schedule for the year!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast