Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Raja Ampat/Lembeh

Thread: Raja Ampat/Lembeh

Threaded View

WOOHOO!!! I'm back!

I will have to weed through hundreds of photos and figure out how to post them in a trip report. I WILL write a complete report, then. For now, I will give a quick impression of the two trips.

Raja Ampat was remarkable. The vis was not the best, but all that "stuff" in the water was the food that made all that biodiversity possible. The Odyssea 1 was a really nice boat. It had the largest crew of any liveaboard I've been on. You do almost nothing but put your gear on and dive. Our schedule for the day; Dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, sleep, repeat the next day.They even wash your wetsuit for you after every dive. They are really set up for the photographers with complete camera room and more charging stations than you can use. Not being used to diving from tenders (zodiacs) I had to get used to the inconvenience. I highly recommend the boat.

Kasawari is the loveliest, most comfortable and best run resort I have seen. It is brand new but it will flourish if it is still run like this in the coming years. Sadly, KBR (nearby) seems to be sliding, if all accounts are true. The Kasawari grounds and bungalows are beautifully designed and appointed. The wonderful staff cheerfully sees to your every need. The dive boats are of native design and are a delight to dive from. The pool had the softest water I have ever swum in.
    While Lembeh is not for everyone (if you need the "big stuff" to be entertained, rethink going there) I absolutely loved it! The critters are as exotic and wierd as I thought they would be.
    Last edited by allisonfinch; 02-24-2007 at 10:03 PM.