Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instr to Instr- PADI Rescue Courses

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by bottlefish View Post
    During lost diver scenario, have your DM unplug their LPI inflator, simulating an out of air. The rescuer will have to manage the lift using their own inflate.
    I like this one! Think I'll try it on my next rescue student!

City
    Bay Shore
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

When I did rescue (a LONG time ago now), my instructor had his divemasters simulate various emergencies during the class, without warning. Even he was surprised by some of the stuff. I think we even had an actual emergency where one of the students got a leg cramp and started drifting away in the current, and by this time everyone in the class thought the instructor put him up to it.

Country
    United Arab Emirates

OMG, starting my Rescue course on Friday...reading this it looks like I'm for a hard time. I'm the only student and my instructor has vowed to involve all of the guys at the dive centre during the open water sessions. She stated this whilst laughing wildly, glazed eyes and a look that a recognise as preceding being put through the mill...Gulp!!

Any sneeky tips on how to get my own back?!

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

The usual way to get back is to volunteer as a "victim" for the next round of classes

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Most of us can play the panicked diver on the surface to some degree, but it takes some real acting ability to play the histerical mother of the "missing diver". Get someone to do that and watch the chaos unfold, talk about a crowd control problem!

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by shinek View Post
    Most of us can play the panicked diver on the surface to some degree, but it takes some real acting ability to play the histerical mother of the "missing diver". Get someone to do that and watch the chaos unfold, talk about a crowd control problem!
    That is truly evil

but be careful, once we had a passerby actually call 911....

Country
    United Arab Emirates

Default Heehee hee

A-ha! My chance for revenge has come sooner than I expected...I'm assisting my instructor at a rescue class on Saturday...

So, I'm going to cause chaos as a distraught wife of the poor guy doing the course. Then, in my panic, I might accidentally fall in after the initial rescue, sustain a head injury, reveal I can't swim, doggy paddle through some jellyfish and then become unresponsive at the bottom

Oh, and for good measure I'll fall in off the highest platform I can find...well, they gotta know how to perform several types of exit. Right??

Happy, happy days....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12