Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Product!

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

It may be warm by you, but it was just 30 degrees here on the Island. I'm sure it was a quick blast, and I'll need to see when I can get out (needs to be a weekend now that the summer is over). I'll let you know.

A bunch of us are planning on going to Lake George in December or January to do some ice diving (I've never done that) and I'm very excited. Are you interested in joining us?

FD

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I think I may be interested. I have never done that before either, but have been thinking about it. I think I am going to need a cold water regulator, the one I have is EN 250, but it is still not a specific cold water model.

Let me know when you get additional info.

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

As soon as info comes my way (I'm a rookie), I'll keep you posted. I'll need to rent some gear myself as I'm first learning dry suit diving with my AOW class.

FD

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Dry suit?

Now you are going to really understand what comfort during a dive is all about!

I feel like I am sitting in my favorite armchair when I dive dry!

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    I think I am going to need a cold water regulator, the one I have is EN 250, but it is still not a specific cold water model.

Save your money. A "cold water reg" is a gimmick!!! Take your first stage to your regulator tech and tell him to de-tune it. What that means is the first stage IP (Intermediate Pressure) must be reduced (120-125 psi). A sealed reg is a crock! The problems for first stages, that are common to ice diving result when the 2nd stage free-flows and the pressure drop from the passing gas, also creates a temperature drop (Charles' Law) and in the presence of near freezing water temps. and moisture, a "frozen" reg. It may not be a bad idea to set your 2nd stage to breath a "little harder". this will help prevent a free-flow and the problems noted earlier.

As for the "nice" weather you have had, I didn't know your water temp was in the 80's. After all everyone knows that that is wet suit weather.

What about the magnetic key box for $5 dollars or less??? That's always worked fine. Also you can get a thing simular to what houses for sale have of the door knob. They make those safe boxes with a U shaped lock to lock to you car. A good place is where the safety chains hook up so you can still tow with your car.

Here is a pic of what I was thinking of and it less than half the price but still a lot more than a spare key.

http://calendarsandmore.com/images/470.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12