Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vintage Double Hose Regulator

Registered Users
    City
    Baton Rouge
    State
    Louisiana

Your right about the flooded hose clearing, but I still wanted to learn all the "old" techniques. Must be the pilot in me? Anyway the conversion with the HP/LP ports is called The Phoenix and it is done to a DA Aquamaster. I've seen one and they are great. Look up Phoenix in the store at www.vintagedoublehose.com also check out the NAVED section. Bryan is great to deal with. Tim

If the exhaust hose is flooded you simply exhale. if the mouthpiece is flooded (along with the exahsut hose) then either exhale or lift the mouthpiece higher than the diaphram until it flows and then put it back in your mouth, breath and exhale.

If, by some odd crossing of the stars and flipping of the magnetic poles the intake hose were to flood, which would require a missing or efective cage valve and of course for the mouthpiece to be removed from the mouth and swished about to flood the intake hose--not easy--then you would have to do the roll. If the intake hose and the regulator housing were to be completely flooded--completely flooded--then you in a heap of hurt. You would have to milk the regulator, assuming the cage valves are defective or missing (hmmmm) then cover the mouthpiece with the thumb and plug it and then close of the iexhaust hose by kinking or pinching it shut and now tug the hose, stretch it out, this will cause a vacuum in the can and initiate air flow to dispell the water and now hold the mouthpiece higher than the diaphram until a strong flow. Actually, depending upon how and why the can and intake hose flooded, the milking technique has several variations which I am sure somebody will explain in more details, I don't feel like it at the moment. This has never happened to me ever but you should understand how to perform the skills.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234