Thread: Vintage Double Hose Regulator

Hybrid View

very true bama, I wasn't around back then but I'm guessing that wasn't too wide spread.

So has anyone tried the newer version of aqualung's mistral? I've seen them pretty cheap now and I'm tempted to get one but I've read quite a few negative reviews.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Yes, I have seen them going fairly cheap as well. I even pondered the idea, but I don't think it would be a wise move. They only made the thing for about a year or so, I bet in 5 years or so you will not be able to find a rebuild kit for it. While it sounds like a good idea it never went over, and the reviews do not seem that good.

I guess if you really want double hoses, it is time to think about a rebreather. In my opinion, that is the way diving is going. I suspect within 10 years rebreathers are going to be just as popular if not more so than standard cylinders. I know I see them much more often now than I did just a few years back.

That's kind of what I thought but the 1st is just a common reg which will be easy to find parts. I seen old double hose regs for simular prices that are rebuit and ready to dive. If they can find parts for them I would hope parts could be found for the newer ones. Plus the reg is $300 a LOT cheaper than a rebreather

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wow, where did you see it for $300, I have seen it on sale for $595. For three SCUBA Bucks, even if you only get a 3 years out of the thing, that is fair.

well it was on a website for an east coast suba shop in PA but I emailed them and they no longer had any. It was $299 so I was going to give it a shot for that.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Yea, for that price you can't go wrong really. You could use it for a few months and sell it for $400 or more online. I guess someone beat you to it, I would have picked up one of them as well for that price....even if just to have a conversation starter on the dive boat.