Thread: Women divers outdo men, study claims

Hybrid View

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

Interesting points in the first article. I don't know what a "marine scientist" is though.I also question if a Divemaster of either sex is qualified to speak generally about men divers vs women in only 500 dives.

The other article said something which bears repeating:

"Observe Your Personal Limits — Any time you push the envelope, you put yourself in a position where you can become over-stressed and mentally lose control. Any time you don’t feel up to par, refrain from diving. Don’t push yourself to dive in excessively rough conditions, strong currents, or conditions of low visibility or strong surge. Avoid peer pressure, and keep your diving depths well within your experience and personal limits."

I think many women know this without being told; it took me 20 or 30 years to catch on...

As for the idea that women are more streamlined, graceful and efficient underwater? Duh! That's why we men want you to dive with us...
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

Registered Users
    City
    Avalon
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

I'm certainly not surprised... I've long held that some of the women divers I know are far better than most of the male divers, at least as far as my kind of diving goes.
    Visit my web site for images of and information about the marine life of southern California's kelp forests.