The Jackson Reef - Sharm El Sheikh

We were on a safari - liveaboard - this dive was supposed to be our last dive in this trip, but it was about to be our last dive forever.

a. The dive to the west is an amazing reef with lots of fish, and sometimes sharks, a turtle or a sting ray. lots of macro, and amazing colorful soft corals. You must be careful of the reef end on the west as currents might be too strong to come back.

b. Dive to the east. - Depending on currents. Can be done as drift or as anchor dive. If it is a drift - there is an amazing coral garden on the south east point of the reef. Sometimes current is too strong to see it and u fly over it sometimes
Current will allow you to see all the macro in it. Big sharks on the point, turtles.

c. the blue dive. can be done only when sea allows. if it is high then the captain will not allow it. Hammerheads only Mid July till end of September. and also the only time of the year this dive is possible due to sea conditions.

It Was a deep dive and is recommended only for experienced divers

WE HAD A TERRIBLE DIVE DUE TO:

- BAD INSTRUCTOR PLAN.
- UNCALCULATED RISK FOR CURRENT CALCULATION.
- NO BRIEFED PLAN TO SKIPPERS OR ZODIAC ON HOW TO ALLOCATE US AND AFTER HOW LONG.
- THE INSTRUCTOR WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BUDDY WITH ME WAS THE FARTHEST FROM ME TO SAVE HIS LIFE.
- WE SPENT ALMOST 90 MINUTES STRUGGLING IN A VERY BAD SEA CONDITION, WE WERE DIVIDED IN 2 GROUPS 3 AND 2. FIRST GROUP OSS, HAY AND FAN, THE SECOND GROUP ME AND BAS WHO WAS A DIVE MASTER CANDIDATE ON BOARD WHO USED TO BE A COOK!! BUT HONESTLY HE WAS A REAL SUPPORT TO ME. THANKS TO HIM.

An Instructor is not a certificate to collect and add to the rest of certificates, its a RESPONSIBILTY. But teaching something in the course and DO NOT ABIDE BY means he/she is not worth being called INSTRUCTOR.