Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loosing Heads looking for Hammerheads

Registered Users
    City
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

I actually appreciate instructors who put the fear in these frisky would-be divers. My friend who is an instructor often has students who end up whining, "but scuba is supposed to be fun!" Well! Stay in the swimming pool where the conditions are controlled! I know a guy who got his wife and 13-year-old daughter into diving, both are rescue-diver level now because of that mindset of continuous learning and preparation for the unexpected. That simply comes with the territory.
    As the T-shirt says: Life's a beach, then you dive.

Registered Users

I have dived this reef (the day after I gained my open water) and it was a wonderful experience, I was lucky to have fantastic conditions and my buddy was the instructor who had just done my training. I am sorry your experience wasn't as good.

On the subject of certification,I don't know what happens at other dive schools but at the Red Sea college where I did my PADI there were a few people who were failed either because they couldn't do some of the exercises ie. mask removal underwater or they didn't do it confidently enough. My intructor made me do the techniques over and over even if I "passed" the first time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12