Thread: UWATEC Aladin Prime

Hybrid View

Took it in and should be getting a new one, only problem I was told it could take from a week up to a month. Better break out the dive tables

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

If you purchased it at your LDS and it being repaired, they should give you a loaner unit. If not I guess you could rent one, or go back to playing with the tables. If you do go back to the tables, at least you will get the practice in.

well I returned it to an authorized dealer but not the one I bought it from because it went out of business. I didn't really ask for a loaner, nor did they offer. I don't have any deep dives or real long dives planned where a computer can be handy so off to study the tables.

Well just a little follow up. I just picked up a brand new computer that was replaced for my old one basically for free. I had to pay $15 for shipping. It was nice to see a company that backs up their products.

Registered Users

I have the same exact problem with my uwatec computer....it now says E-6 whatever that means.

I was wondering if since i bought it from a retailer who is not an official uwatec dealer, will i have serious problems trying to trade in this faulty product for a new one or who should i contact.

feel free to write me at divemaster19@hotmail.com

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Their older computers required you to send it back in for a battery change periodically. This was a set time based on an average person's # of dives and length of dives. So the actual battery usage icon doesnt really work past a certain point! It's not accurate when the battery life is low-er. It jumps from 1/3 to 0! My buddy's computer showed ERR mid-dive b/c his battery died! It was showing battery at 30% during the previous surface interval.

He sent it in and instead of replacing the battery, they gave him a new one saying that it was designed to NOT fail underwater.

Send yours in, I'm sure they will check it out for you

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster19 View Post
    I have the same exact problem with my uwatec computer....it now says E-6 whatever that means.

I was wondering if since i bought it from a retailer who is not an official uwatec dealer, will i have serious problems trying to trade in this faulty product for a new one or who should i contact.

feel free to write me at divemaster19@hotmail.com
    You won't have a problem. Go to a authorized retailer and they will send it in for you. The shop I bought my from went out of business so I brought it to a different shop and they sent it in, no questions asked. I don't know if that the same problem because mine wouldn't even turn on. I think the recall is computers made a little before and after 04-05. The new one works great so good luck!