Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
My wife actually has a Moby's dry suit and she really loves it. They did make some really strange dry suits, but this is a regular tri-lam suit. It is very basic, but it works perfectly.....so far that is. Hopefully we don't have any problems with it as the company is no longer in business, and for that reason alone I have to agree with Bama on not recommending it, unless you get a deal like we did. It was a new suit in the dive shop, but old stock and I think we paid somewhere between $500-$600 USD. If you know dry suits, then you know a new Tri-Lam suit is going to be a lot more than that.

Anyway, Seasnake, what type of diving and conditions do you plan on using the dry suit with? That is going to be the biggest factor.
I think Moby's is still in business, but it was acquired by Parkways (?) of Canada a few years back. I have seen some better looking Moby's suits since then (neoprene), but after my initial experience with the brand I opted to just give them a glance rather than a thorough inspection. My problems were the seams coming apart and the boots being difficult to get on and off (my left foot is paralyzed, so the higher, stiffer boots were a real PITA for me. I have no idea how customer service is today (since the buy out), but it was non-existent when I owned mine. My cave instructor used to dive a Moby's two-piece (water proof inner shell velcroed to an abrasion resistant outer shell) and I swear that thing looked worse than wearing a trash bag (and he said it swam worse as well.)