Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dive Boat - Not a DPV, or is it?

No just the hull is foam filled, tubes take air. I know the Coast Guard has foam filled bullet proof tubes on their RIBs. So you might want to look for a government auction.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

OK, I did it! I finally bought a boat. It is not what I was initially looking for, but once you head to the marina the sticker shock sets you back into your seat....WAY BACK!

So the boat I bought is smaller than I wanted and won't go far offshore, but it is a major upgrade from my canoe with it's 3hp engine! I seriously doubt I will even dive offshore NJ with it, as has been stated before the conditions there can get pretty nasty, but time with the boat will tell. There are still a lot of inshore and near shore dive sites that I will be able to get to with ease. I really bought the boat for general recreation though so I will get my use out of it diving or not.

Anyway, now I need to come up with a name for the boat. I thought we had a post about this before but I could not find it. Any help finding that thread would be great. So, now I am going to ask for your help in naming our new boat. I really would like to have a dive related name, but am open to suggestions.

Of course everyone here is welcome to go out on the boat with us anytime you are in the area.

well do you have a pic? Show off your new pride and joy.....untill you figure out it a money pit. Needless to say if anyone else is looking for a boat I have one for sale, 13ft RIB. I don't remember anything about boat names and I'm not too good with them...sorry

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
    well do you have a pic? Show off your new pride and joy.....untill you figure out it a money pit. Needless to say if anyone else is looking for a boat I have one for sale, 13ft RIB. I don't remember anything about boat names and I'm not too good with them...sorry
    If you have one for sale, you should post it here. I would have loved a RIB, but I also don't remember how far away you are, but I bought mine in my own state.

I will post some photos as soon as we pick it up. We are waiting for the bank transfer and for the boat to be prepped for us. Hopefully this Saturday will be the day. I also still need to wire the tow vehicle and install the hitch before we pick it up.

Oh, I am aware of the fact that boats are money pits, but what else is new? Everything I get involved is a money pit. I hope it isn't too bad, but that is why I bought a small boat. Small boat, smaller expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Oh, I am aware of the fact that boats are money pits, but what else is new? Everything I get involved is a money pit. I hope it isn't too bad, but that is why I bought a small boat. Small boat, smaller expenses.
    Yea pretty true. I'm far away in CA so it wouldn't be worth it. The only reason I'm selling it is because I got a little bit bigger whaler but it needs to be repowered. I guess I'll post it on here.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the boat Ace. Congrats! Yeh, what isn't a money pit of scuba isn't? hello!
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Thanks Seasnake.

I thought of a great name "Ace Hole" , but my wife did not seem to like it very much. She wants something to do with sharks, as she is into saving the sharks.

Any ideas would be great, just toss them out there. I really want to hear something from everyone here with this one.

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

For 10 miles off shore the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM I'd consider is a 17 ft Zodiac with small twin outboards. A RIB is a better bet, but as you get into the 20 foot range a pure inflatable with a center console and medium size twins can become an attractive package.

Quote Originally Posted by thalassamania View Post
    A RIB is a better bet, but as you get into the 20 foot range a pure inflatable with a center console and medium size twins can become an attractive package.
    yea and a very attractive price

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast