Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anything about diving spook you?

I am not very fond of overhead enviroments, and I take great care when I do find myself in one.

Large pipes submerged or the School bus or helo @ Dutch Springs I doubt I will enter a cave or other location I can not see daylight through. It is also a result of my Big Brother's spending time with me...
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

Registered Users
    State
    OH
    Country
    USA

Default Moray Eels

I don't like Moray Eels that are accustomed to being fed! I can be happily minding my own business, when suddenly I see six feet of green coming straight towards me, hell bent for Ballyhoo....very unnerving. I wish divemasters would stop feeding them!

Country
    USA

I disliked descending feet first, heads up and having my feet hit the bottom before I could see it. Creeps me out.....I hate silt mud muck bottoms and horrendous visibility, why bother?

State
    Suffolk
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Anyway, later that day I was at the pet store trading my snake in for a fish tank.
    And thus was born your love of diving, right?

I don't think I've come across anything underwater that spooks me yet, but I must admit I'm not very experienced, so it's probably part ignorance and part inexperience
    Things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance.
    - Murphy's Law

Dive safe.

Hi Roual, welcome to the SMN Community!

How about this: Your moored up on the wreck there are 9 big white mooring balls - you are geared up - siting on the back of your boat - Ready for entry - You look up and what do you see??? A Boat full of Cubans ( at leat 10 of them on a 20 footer! ) pulling up to the very closest ball next to you - Then all at once they start casting their fishing lines with big bright silver hooks all over and within 15 feet of your entry point. This happens all the time here and it creeps me out.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Cold water! I hate being cold! I hate to have to put on my Drysuit or my 7mm!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

Does it spook you?

I have run into whales; chased sharks away from students, Dove too deep, Dove while impaired: come to think of it, I probably spook everyone else!
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

State
    Suffolk
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Hi Roual, welcome to the SMN Community!
    Thank you, I suppose my first post should have been an introductory one, but I prefer to just jump right in (bad pun completely intended)
    Things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance.
    - Murphy's Law

Dive safe.

Last week, in Belize, I was chased out of the water on a pier night dive.

No one had dived off this pier at night before. I was in with my camera and lights. As I was taking a picture of a moray, I pointed the camera up and saw a sea wasp (box jellyfish) swim by my head!!! I got out right away. Knowing that they are attracted to light, I went onto the dock with a light tied to a rope. I dangled it into the water and 11 box jelly fish swam into the light!! It was amazing to see them swim back and forth in the light hunting the other things attracted to the light. They swim FAST too.

I'm not scared of sharks, barracudas, or rays, but I have to admit that these little box jellies gave me the heebie jeebies.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast