Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Does anything about diving spook you?

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

Great story, how long did it take you to "come back to life?"

I had a similar story while in Moorea. I was on a shark dive (dumb thing as a first dive after cert). Anyway, I was on a shark dive in the middle of the Pacific Ocean when I was just beginning to get comfortable with my surroundings when I felt something brush up against my side. I thought it was my dive buddy but boy was I wrong! It was an 8 foot lemon shark. Like they say, things look bigger underwater, and my eyes must've looked like Jupiter! It took about 3 or 4 minutes but I finally settled down, didn't waste all my air and had a great dive. The shark just kept swimming like he didn't even care I was there. I stayed close to the DM and enjoyed the company of the black-tipped grey reef sharks (4-6 footers).

While I love 'em, sharks can be quite the scary experience. Never had the good fortune to run into them again, or at least I don't recall (selective memory).

FD

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

If I was eight feet long I wouldn't care if you were there either ...

Registered Users

You are a brave or crazy man...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Dude, I was a Sheriff's Dive Team Diver for 61/2 years, all we had was Zero Vis! Sometimes in complete darkness looking for a dead body, can you say spooky?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567