Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airline Issues

Well, that begs the question, should a pregnant woman be on a plane if she is due any day, or should a baby be brought on a plane in the middle of teething, without at least bring an oral topical anesthetic for rubbing on their gums if the flight is mandatory for some emergency reason.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
    Ace,

Crying babies are part of life................. What could the mother have done? I'm sure if the mother tried gagging or placing in the cargo hold like you suggested, you'd be on telling us about the abuse.

Yes, a part of life, but not my life....I have no children and for good reasons. One of those reasons is I can't deal with all of the crying and such.

I would never tell you about the abuse, BUT what she could have done is:

A. Don't bring the little s&%t on the plane.
    B. If she had to bring the little s&%t on the plane, then bring the proper things to keep the s&%t happy. Weather that be breasts to drink from, milk in a bottle, medication to help with the teething, a little something something to knock the little s&%t out or whatever.

Bottom line, I did not bring the f%$#er on the plane and I don't want to hear it. Don't get me wrong, a little crying here or there is one thing and I am not totally heartless, but this was for 3 hours solid! NON STOP!!!

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

Topical analgesics work for like 5 minutes, and not with the increase in barometric pressure, as Lottie so wisely stated. Fortunately for me my little ones don't cry much, especially on planes. I too, hate the incessant crying and would have trouble dealing for 3 hours.

My wife and I plan these trips and keep them up on hours on end prior to flight, board last after baggage is loaded to minimize cabin fever for the girls. Keeping them awake to make them super-tired helps because immediately after liftoff and the hoopla of everyone settling in, the knock out and its peace and quiet. We've taken trips to England from NY and not a peep until the pressure change of landing. And at that point, a bottle to stimulate the sucking helps equalize.

People say brandy works for teething. I don't know if it works on the baby, but it works on adults!

Great thread, everyone. Like this one lots!

FD

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post

I will acknowledge that I am fairly disappointed with the modern weather radars planes have. I pay good money to go on roller coasters to get thrown about, and I pay even better money to be on a plane. For that price, I want an E-ticket ride!

I always find it interesting to read/hear the various complaints regarding today's flying escapades.

As for the radar, many factors come to bear. To simplify, there are limited routes that aircraft fly, this allows for the maximum number of aircraft in the skies at any one given moment. Add to this the fact that today's flight instruments allow for aircraft to fly 1000' apart (vertical separation). When turbulence is noted (and not all can be) the flight crews are limited in their options to take action to avoid this minor inconvenience.

Now, the issues experienced during the flight. There is a simple solution. Lease or buy your own aircraft. If that is not in your budget.......buy the most expensive ticket for first class and it's surrounding seats. That not feasible? THEN STOP YOUR MOANING AND GROANING!!!!!! Flying aircraft has become the purview of the common man. There was a time that it was an extravagance of the highest order! Operating an aircraft is expensive!! Let me repeat this, operating an aircraft is expensive. The consumer has demanded the cheapest ticket, period..... For those of us who maintain, (me), support, supply, etc., we would very much like to see pay increases, instead of pay concessions! Lest you think these people are living on easy street, divorces and bankruptcies are escalating. The people within the industry are leaving in droves!! The reason the food is poor or non-existent, the service poor, the seat spacing restrictive, the lines long, the planes cramped, is simply because the consumer has demanded it!!!! You want the cheapest ticket? You have it!!! Stop the complaining!!!, for you received just what you asked for!!!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Do you see this ------> <-------?

It is the world's smallest violin playing "My Heart Bleeds For You"! Hey, if you don't like you job, check the paper and find something else to do. YOU have that option!

On the other hand, if it is $10,000 to fly from New York to New Jersey or $1.59 to fly from LA to China, makes no difference. The if you charge a fee for a service you must provide that service. So maybe you need to stop your crying and fix that stinking plane mechanic. No one is forcing the airlines to stay in business! Crap, the government gave them crazy money to make things easier!

Maybe it is time to fire everyone and start over.

And give little parachutes to the kiddies that can't be kept under control.

I wonder if Boeing will take payments on the new 787 Dreamliner.....

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    And give little parachutes to the kiddies that can't be kept under control.
    I like the way you think ace

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

You people are funny. I like this place. Keep it coming...

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Do you see this ------> <-------?

It is the world's smallest violin playing "My Heart Bleeds For You"! Hey, if you don't like you job, check the paper and find something else to do. YOU have that option!

On the other hand, if it is $10,000 to fly from New York to New Jersey or $1.59 to fly from LA to China, makes no difference. The if you charge a fee for a service you must provide that service. So maybe you need to stop your crying and fix that stinking plane mechanic. No one is forcing the airlines to stay in business! Crap, the government gave them crazy money to make things easier!

Maybe it is time to fire everyone and start over.

Then start over!!!

With what?

My aren't we quick to blow up the entire bowl of soup without looking at the contents.

As for fixing my plane? It is fixed, is flying. When it returns tonight, I'll inspect it, clean up all the towels used to stem the tears of the passengers, wiped away, from the bitter disappointment of reaching their destination........cheaply!!!! Remember, you get what you pay for! After that I'll continue to work my second job to make ends meet. Oh, yeah, today....September 11th, The day my job went up in smoke, and collapsed with the twin towers.

By the way, that mechanic/engineer that keeps your airplane safe? Don't speak to loud, they are the ONLY one's who sign that logbook, stating the aircraft is airworthy.

And with that signature, their life.

I personally think airfare is a bargain, it is the fuel that is not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast