That actually sounds like a positive experience with Continental snake. The last time I flew with them I was still in a wheel chair and rather than bump a passenger from up front like the other airlines had been doing, they insisted on learning how to use this combination wheelchair/hand truck thingy to take me to the back of the plane. They bent my knee to extremes that I have yet to match and I refused to fly on that flight (no way I was going to trust my life to such an idiotic flight crew if they could not handle things while still on the ground.)

On my return flight if the ticket agent had expended the same energy to get me to the gate as she spent telling me there was no way I could make it on time, I would not have missed my flight; she did however manage to get my carryon with my pain meds in it on board though. I wheeled myself and got to the gate just as the doors were being closed and the jet backed away.

I caught a flight the next night and as we began our approach down into Houston the pilot came on the intercom to tell us there was a bit of bad weather down below (Houston was socked in tight with some really thick fog) and they had asked us to fly a holding pattern for the next 30 minutes. He then related to us that we were going to give it a try, but he was not sure if we had enough fuel to stay up that long! Well, an hour later we are still circling Houston and the pilot has not said a word since telling us we were low on fuel. The lady across the aisle from me started freaking out when she looked out her window and could not see the lights from Houston; she honestly thought we were out over the Gulf getting ready to go down. Needless to say, the flight crew did absolutely nothing to calm her down or reassure any of the other passngers that we were alright. Upon finally landing in Houston I bought a ticket on Southwest to carry me on to my final destination.