Thread: Come on.........

Hybrid View

Registered Users

Wink Come on.........

.....must be a few more Lone Star divers lurking!!!

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by texdiveguy View Post
    .....must be a few more Lone Star divers lurking!!!
    Howdy, Tex,

Just moved here from So Cal and am I bummed about the local diving prospects. Maybe you can give me some directions as to what is worth diving in Texas and what to avoid.

**Nice boards!**
    Last edited by czzzaar; 01-19-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: 'cause I never proof read.
    "Wherever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

Registered Users

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by czzzaar View Post
    Howdy, Tex,

Just moved here from So Cal and am I bummed about the local diving prospects. Maybe you can give me some directions as to what is worth diving in Texas and what to avoid.

**Nice boards!**
    Sure czzzaar....what part of the state you in???

Registered Users

Sure czzzaar....what part of the state you in???
    I'm in Denton, Texas. about 35 miles north of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Top of the Golden Triangle.

Registered Users

Well, of course, I'm a Lone Star Diver. An original Texican. Been diving the LSS since 1975!

HOWDEEE!!!

Dennis
    When the North California fishery crashed in the 1940s, everyone in Monterey wondered where the sardines had gone, Ed Ricketts, marine biologist and colleague of John Steinbeck had the answer, "They're in cans."

Guidance on what fish to eat may be found here

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by czzzaar View Post
    I'm in Denton, Texas. about 35 miles north of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Top of the Golden Triangle.
    I am in Arlington,,,,do alot of diving in Ok.,,,,better water conditions over this past year....just up the road from you is Lake Murray....great place to dive with many options.

Registered Users

I am in Arlington,,,,do alot of diving in Ok.,,,,better water conditions over this past year....just up the road from you is Lake Murray....great place to dive with many options.
    Lake Murray is good for diving? No kidding? We used to go up there a lot for family reunions when I was a kid. I guess it's too cold for diving up there this time of year...for most people, but I used to diving in the Pacific. Usually 53 degrees is about as cold as it gets around the Southern California Islands but I've been in water as cold as 48. Anyway, I have a drysuit so that makes a big difference.

Where else in OK, do you go?

City
    Dallas
    State
    Texas
    Country
    USA

Sure are y'all! We do our dive training in several places, but for fun diving they're OK for a couple of day/weekend trips. From Dallas there's Athens Scuba Park; http://www.athensscubapark.com/ and if you haven't been and seen what's there it's fun. At Terrell there is Clear Springs Scuba Park; http://www.clearspringsscubapark.com/ Terrell is a better choice, deeper, colder and with real fish! Lake Travis (Austin) offers some good diving at a couple of locations, Windy Point and Mansfield Dam. Obviously lakes are still pretty cold right now and our first "lake weekend" is April 23rd at Athens. I'll be wearing the 3mm and the 5mm over the top, hood and gloves!
    I know there are loads of TX divers as we meet them all the time on our travels - maybe they're just shy. What Texicans, shy????