Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on.........

Registered Users

Wink Come on.........

.....must be a few more Lone Star divers lurking!!!

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by texdiveguy View Post
    .....must be a few more Lone Star divers lurking!!!
    Howdy, Tex,

Just moved here from So Cal and am I bummed about the local diving prospects. Maybe you can give me some directions as to what is worth diving in Texas and what to avoid.

**Nice boards!**
    Last edited by czzzaar; 01-19-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: 'cause I never proof read.
    "Wherever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

Registered Users

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by czzzaar View Post
    Howdy, Tex,

Just moved here from So Cal and am I bummed about the local diving prospects. Maybe you can give me some directions as to what is worth diving in Texas and what to avoid.

**Nice boards!**
    Sure czzzaar....what part of the state you in???

Registered Users

Sure czzzaar....what part of the state you in???
    I'm in Denton, Texas. about 35 miles north of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Top of the Golden Triangle.

Registered Users

Well, of course, I'm a Lone Star Diver. An original Texican. Been diving the LSS since 1975!

HOWDEEE!!!

Dennis
    When the North California fishery crashed in the 1940s, everyone in Monterey wondered where the sardines had gone, Ed Ricketts, marine biologist and colleague of John Steinbeck had the answer, "They're in cans."

Guidance on what fish to eat may be found here

Registered Users

I'm in Denton, Texas. about 35 miles north of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Top of the Golden Triangle.
    I am in Arlington,,,,do alot of diving in Ok.,,,,better water conditions over this past year....just up the road from you is Lake Murray....great place to dive with many options.

Registered Users

I am in Arlington,,,,do alot of diving in Ok.,,,,better water conditions over this past year....just up the road from you is Lake Murray....great place to dive with many options.
    Lake Murray is good for diving? No kidding? We used to go up there a lot for family reunions when I was a kid. I guess it's too cold for diving up there this time of year...for most people, but I used to diving in the Pacific. Usually 53 degrees is about as cold as it gets around the Southern California Islands but I've been in water as cold as 48. Anyway, I have a drysuit so that makes a big difference.

Where else in OK, do you go?

Registered Users

Wink

Lake Murray is good for diving? No kidding? We used to go up there a lot for family reunions when I was a kid. I guess it's too cold for diving up there this time of year...for most people, but I used to diving in the Pacific. Usually 53 degrees is about as cold as it gets around the Southern California Islands but I've been in water as cold as 48. Anyway, I have a drysuit so that makes a big difference.

Where else in OK, do you go?
    My favorite spot in Lake Broken Bow in Ok.. Great lake that offers clean water and various dive profiles and terrain,,,,all the way from simple shore 30-40ffws to shore 166+ffw dips....with a boat you can get 180ffw.. Water is a bit chilly this time of the year...low 40's as Murray will be a few degrees warmer.

Registered Users

My favorite spot in Lake Broken Bow in Ok.. Great lake that offers clean water and various dive profiles and terrain,,,,all the way from simple shore 30-40ffws to shore 166+ffw dips....with a boat you can get 180ffw.. Water is a bit chilly this time of the year...low 40's as Murray will be a few degrees warmer.
    Yeah, that is too cold. 48 degrees gave me an "ice cream" headache. Anyway, the drysuit needs new seals so I'll probably send it in soon.

What about Lake Tenkillers, ever tried that one? I did a quick search last night and that came up first.

Registered Users

Default From Dallas

D00d,

I use to live in Dallas. Moved away from the Lone Star State in 2004 and
    I'm now in Fla. It's a little closer to the ocean. Someone told me the ocean is
    just off shore here. Someone said theres good ice diving here. I'm still waiting
    for He _ _ to freeze over so I can go..

I use to work outta Oceans Window in Plano. They've been sold since then.
    Now I believe it's Blue Dolphin or maybe something else..

I miss the Lone Star... Not another state like it. When I see those Texas license
    plates roaming around Fla. I want to yell out of my window... "Don't do it.."
    Go Home! I miss Texas...
    But I love diving and thats why I stay in Fla. For the diving. I'm thinking
    about working my way farther south.. but It may be time for me to see everything and move to Mexico for awhile.. I need to just dive my ass off...

Stop by the old shop for me and tell the people there I said Hello..

Cheers,
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast