Thread: "ScubaChix" guide to weeing at sea

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default "ScubaChix" guide to weeing at sea

Came across this article and thought you gals might be interested
    (it also has some useful tips for the guys to take a mental note of l.....

http://www.divegirl.com/wee.html
    Lottie

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I know this is in the ScubaChix section, but read her article anyway. I don't think I understand the problem. She did not mention long dives in cold water wearing a dry suit, so other than that (which could be an issue) what is the issue?

Banned
    Country
    St. vincent and the Grenadines

This is not an issue with warm water / wetsuit dives.

HOWEVER I have met some very prudish ladies that state 'I would NEVER pee in my wet suit...EVER!'. Whilst I understand that peeing in your wet suit is not a nice thing (unless you are really cold ), and if you make a habit of peeing in you wet suit it will really stink if it is not washed and sanitized properly, it is just the case that sometimes you just don't have a choice. If you wear a wet suit, you have probably peed in it, and if your wet suit is your business suit.....

Mind you, not sure how comfy I would be peeing into a bucket on a rib after or before a dry suit dive

Just glad I dive in the tropics!

K

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Indigodive View Post
    HOWEVER I have met some very prudish ladies that state 'I would NEVER pee in my wet suit...EVER!'.
    K
    I heard somewhere (another forum) that there are two types of divers - those that pee in their wetsuit and those that lie about it

I must admit, i've had the urge to go when i've been diving, but it's just soo unnatural to actually do the deed..
    Lottie

You just have to get in touch with your inner-freak.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I was going to say, "Suck it up and stop being a girl" but you are girls. So........

Stop being wusses and pee in your feeaking suit......OR continue to lie about it!!!

Really what is the big deal?

When you are all ready to start diving, us guys will be in the water diving in the pee. And don't worry, I'll make sure to pee in the water before you get in!

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

Just imagine what the fish are doing in it...
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

yeah..i saw a parrotfish doing that...think it was trying to do it without anyone (fish or human seeing them) as they'd hid well into this alcove in the reef. then along comes 8 divers...lol
    Lottie

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Default Going with the flow

Even if I do a pre-dive toilet visit, I ALWAYS end up with a full bladder by the end of the dive. The problem for me is that I actually find it very hard to pee when I'm in the water, even if the need is great... it takes concentration, patience and most importantly a place to keep sort of still. The easiest way for me is to hang onto the ladder and stop moving. I have to really squeeze my abdominal muscles to force the urine out. I then "flush" by pulling the neck of my wetsuit out and letting the sea water flow in. It's not always practical to hang off the ladder, though, so it's usually a matter of doing it once back on board the boat. Fortunately for me, our boats in Phuket all have toilets But unfortunately, the issue then becomes one of stripping down fast enough

Most drysuit diving women I know just use adult incontinence pads (Depends).

Default She-P

www.she-p.com

or if you are shopping in the USA

www.she-p-na.com

I use it very regularly, and it's outstanding!!!!! It's SO sweet to be able to use a pee valve... (I hate depends)

-L