Thread: "ScubaChix" guide to weeing at sea

Hybrid View

You just have to get in touch with your inner-freak.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I was going to say, "Suck it up and stop being a girl" but you are girls. So........

Stop being wusses and pee in your feeaking suit......OR continue to lie about it!!!

Really what is the big deal?

When you are all ready to start diving, us guys will be in the water diving in the pee. And don't worry, I'll make sure to pee in the water before you get in!

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

Just imagine what the fish are doing in it...
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

yeah..i saw a parrotfish doing that...think it was trying to do it without anyone (fish or human seeing them) as they'd hid well into this alcove in the reef. then along comes 8 divers...lol
    Lottie

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Default Going with the flow

Even if I do a pre-dive toilet visit, I ALWAYS end up with a full bladder by the end of the dive. The problem for me is that I actually find it very hard to pee when I'm in the water, even if the need is great... it takes concentration, patience and most importantly a place to keep sort of still. The easiest way for me is to hang onto the ladder and stop moving. I have to really squeeze my abdominal muscles to force the urine out. I then "flush" by pulling the neck of my wetsuit out and letting the sea water flow in. It's not always practical to hang off the ladder, though, so it's usually a matter of doing it once back on board the boat. Fortunately for me, our boats in Phuket all have toilets But unfortunately, the issue then becomes one of stripping down fast enough

Most drysuit diving women I know just use adult incontinence pads (Depends).

Default She-P

www.she-p.com

or if you are shopping in the USA

www.she-p-na.com

I use it very regularly, and it's outstanding!!!!! It's SO sweet to be able to use a pee valve... (I hate depends)

-L