Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Thanks again, I agree I would sooner support my local dive shop now I have got to know them, than buying from the internet! I think it's good for doing researc & reading reviews, but people have lost their jobs because of it!

You definately should support your local dive shop for so many reasons. That does NOT mean you have to buy what they are trying to sell you. If you want something they don't sell, they will surely order it for you. They will be able to help you with the proper size you need and such. They will also be able to service your gear for you and answer all kinds of questions.

Now that being said, I would think any reputable dive shop (other than tropical shops) would have a backplate and wing setup for sale.

The nicest thing about the BP/Wing is it is something that is good for a beginer, but is also the same setup an advanced diver would use. So it will be something that is actually a good investment in terms of scuba gear. Plus you don't want to forget you will look much cooler than the other divers that are using vest bc's...(just kidding).

Don't rush into anything and don't let the salesperson talk you into something you don't want because they have it in stock or can make you a great deal.