Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lottie, let us know ASAP

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Quero View Post
    . Next time (yes, next time), fill your bathtub with water before the storm hits so that you've got some clean water
    I would do that except I dont' have a tub (only shower cubicle!!) - my parents had the right idea by getting an overflow water tank that collects all the rainwater - so if i do get short on water, I can go down to theirs and get some more water (they are only a 5 min walk away.)

Now I need to watch what happens with Erin...it never rains but it pours BWAHAHAHAH!!!
    Lottie

Registered Users

damnn this all sounds like a blast. I love rough weather. Keep safe but LUCKY YOU!
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Hey that's a great idea with the bath tub.

Another thing you can do is get a rain barrel. If you can't get one or don't have one handy, you can make one in a pinch.

Get a trash can (nice big one for outside), clean it out really well, I would use some bleach. Put a few big heavy rocks or weights in the bottom. (Omit this step with a new can)Take a new can liner(heavy duty water proof one) and line the can. Take some cheese cloth or similar and place over the top of the can, duct tape it in place as a filter. Place the can under the edge of your roof after the rain has started (wait until the rain has started for a while to make sure everything is clean).

Fresh drinking water provided by the storm that stoped your water to start with. Of course you can boil or filter the water if you feel necessary, but the water should be more than fine as it is.

Anyway, back to things:

Glad to hear everything is settling down from the storm. Sounds like you suffered so much.....LOL, some relax time is always good!

Hope your water calms down soon so you can get out diving again. I had an excellent dive today, I took a friend inside his first wreck and he loved it! Plus when we surfaced, it was sunny but raining....strange as it was not raining when we went under.....and it was sunny the entire time...Crazy.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wow, as I was typing this you must have posted about your folks rain collector. Guess you know about that then.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Glad to hear everything is settling down from the storm. Sounds like you suffered so much.....LOL
    Well..seems as though we've had it quite easy in the south, compared to the north - loads of destruction, boulders being shifted by the winds, boats wrecked up onto shore, roof came off the childrens hospital, telegraph poles down, coconut and breadfruit trees fallen, plus i think two people have died. The island hasn't got the all-clear as yet as there's still rain pounding down on the roof now (10:30pm), thunder and lightening to boot as well.

I hope the seas get calmer by the end of next week - got my AOW booked for Thursday and Friday...
    Lottie

Glad to hear from ya, is this your 1st big storm?
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Yep - this is my first big storm. Everythings now sunny and very humid here now (about 8AM). It's as though nothing happened. Walking the dog this morning i've seen coconut trees that have fallen (luckily its in a deserted area). Need to try and get some gas, then i'm going out exploring
    Still got no water

Ciao for now
    Lottie

Good to hear. Any reporters asking stupid questions yet?
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-h2O View Post
    Good to hear. Any reporters asking stupid questions yet?
    LOL..not that i know of....but i'll let you know if that changes
    Lottie

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Winds tearing off roofs, boulders from the sea rolling onto downtown streets, drowning to save livestock, etc. all sound terrible! Reassuring (especially since we get the worst from the news) that someone from there remains her usual ebullient self and -- despite, despite -- still thinking of the diving!
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast