Hybrid View

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
    Hey Ace,

Have you been in a Hurricane? The wind is whipping around so strong that anything that isn't rooted in concrete and driven down into the ground several feet is flying away.

Filling containers with water, is a must. Portable generators are a must. propane grills to replace electric stoves are a must. (this is why propane and kerosene stove/refrigerators are good)
    Yes I have been in a few.

I agree with you 100% with all of your ideas. Anyway my idea with the rain barrel to collect water was to be used if there was not water already stored and you were still getting rain. Considering the high winds, I said to put weights in the bottom or large rocks. You could even tie it or steak it down. Of course filling up jugs with water BEFORE the storm is the best idea.

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Hey Lottie.. I've been gone for a few days.. Glad everything turned out ok for you with Dean. I've got a friend that's working on Cayman Brac that I'm worried about now.. Hopefully she will spared any major damage as you were.. We'll see.. But, glad you're ok.
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Dale - one good site that I look at (and post on) is http://www.stormcarib.com

They have local correspondents from all the islands in the Caribbean - that might give you some info about how Cayman Brac faired with Dean

HTH
    Lottie

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Awesome.. Thanks Lottie.. I just checked it out.. Looks like they faired pretty well. Still haven't heard from her, but, honestly, that's nothing new.
    Last edited by dalehall; 08-23-2007 at 12:27 AM. Reason: becasue I can't type
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee