Thank you for your service! You have some fine gear and I would tell you depending on where you will do most of your diving will dictate your suit selection! If you plane on cold water diving I would tell you your Dry or Wet suit is the most important thing you can buy! Sounds funny with all the top notch gear, gut if your not comfortable in winter or cold water you won't dive no matter how good your equipment is. The cheapest reg has to breath at a minimum standard etc etc etc, but if you and your gear sit all winter in the garage the it doesn't matter. I own a custom wet suit and a Bare Dry suit and both have come in handy and I dive year round. Unless you have an "Off the Rack" body get a custom suit up two or starting at 3mm or thicker. I have both 3mm and a 7mm and you can mix and match. I did Public Safety Diving for 6 1/2 years and all the combos cam in handy! The rest of the equipment I would agree wait until you have some experience and talk to a few people who really dive often! Good Luck!