PDA

View Full Version : Proof how stingray barb can kill-video

Sarah
08-03-2007, 03:40 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5UfDaYXFIFs

acelockco
08-03-2007, 03:47 AM
Steve must have pounced on that mutha' to get stung?

I mean that thing was slapping around, but no where even close to the cammera operator. It was trying to get away, knowing how Steve was, I am sure he was molesting that sting ray before he got the sting of death.:eek:

hbh2oguard
08-03-2007, 04:29 AM
not necessarily, that sting ray was tiny compared to the one that got Steve

Diverdaniel
08-03-2007, 06:48 AM
now that is what i call animal abuse and agrivation. :( :mad:

acelockco
08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
not necessarily, that sting ray was tiny compared to the one that got Steve

OK, but in retrospect, I have seen Steve Irwin do many things to animals that would cause an attack. He was just lucky for too long.

Zero
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Ive got to say i dont agree Ace. I seen footage just after Steves death of big bull rays being provoked and it was taking a hell of a lot of effort to get them to raise there barb in anger. These were very tame rays that were fed most days by fishermen and were very used to human contact. Most of them didnt even strike even when being pushed out of the water backwards. The guy that shot the footage had a lot more experience with rays and underwater in general and said the one that got Steve had probably never seen a human in its life so went into defensive mode straight away.

Matt

acelockco
08-03-2007, 09:25 PM
That's cool,

I wasn't there, but I have been with random rays and have never seen one act agressivly......EVER!

I have however seen Steve Irwin do things to animals that would definately make them try to defend themselves!

I don't know, just seems like the most logical explanation of what happened. But you never know........wow, did you see that pig fly right past my window?????

The Publisher
08-03-2007, 09:29 PM
One of the things I can never figure out is why these animal TV shows have the host character always more or less attacking the animal, wrestling with it, pinning it down, and a host of other behaviors.

Why not just leave the animal untouched, observe it and film it for all to enjoy unmolested?!

acelockco
08-03-2007, 09:55 PM
It used to be that way when Jaques Cousteau was doing this stuff. He did it because he cared about the animals and wanted to learn their natural behavior.

Today however, they need to sell commercials for tv, and everyone wants to see animals attack and such. So, molest animals and get attacked and you become a hero. Before that everyone thought that he was the moron that wrestled aligators and such.

seasnake
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Obviously the tool who shot this video was harassing that poor ray. A poke in the leg or the hand might've wised him up . . .