PDA

View Full Version : Banner at the top of the screen

kirwoodd
07-31-2007, 02:34 PM
I only post these suggestions because I think you care....
:o

The top of the page has the ScubaMagazine banner, then an ad banner to the right of it. This makes my browser go too wide. :(
Can those banners be stacked instead? Its a bummer giving so much screen real estate to one application. I like to keep my browser open on your website and just hit "refresh" throughout the day, but with it that wwwwiiiiiiide, it makes it difficult.

acelockco
07-31-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't have that problem, but I do have a wide screen monitor.

kirwoodd
07-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I have two wide screen monitors, and I can put my browser on either one, but I just need to make the browser so wwwwwiiiiiiiide that its a bummer. I prefer to keep my browser narrow(ish) so that I can fit more. Between the side ads and the side by side top banners this site is wider than most.

<shrug>

Sarah
07-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Kirkwood, using either Safari's browser or Firefox's, when you sideways compress your window, it just squeezes our the top rigght banner, no need for keeping it wide.

kirwoodd
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Kirkwood, using either Safari's browser or Firefox's, when you sideways compress your window, it just squeezes our the top rigght banner, no need for keeping it wide.

True,
but then I cant see the lovely ad.
:D

I am one of the VERY few that likes the ads, I like to see other scuba stuff while I am here. I need to see all about the Atlantis Hotel!!!:eek:

Sarah
08-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Kirwood,

Then go to the Philippines paradise Divers Forum, click on ScubaMagazine.net Reviewed Dive Resorts, and there you go!

kirwoodd
08-01-2007, 12:39 AM
but,
but,
but what about seacam housings! what about them!
:)

(I can do this all night long.....)

kirwoodd
08-01-2007, 12:40 AM

OH,
and I would rather click the ad, wouldnt you?
DON'T ANSWER THAT! If its adsense they will get bummed.
:rolleyes:

acelockco
08-01-2007, 03:13 AM
I also like the ads and try to support the companies that are paying for our place we hang out on the net. I have no complaints though, I am just happy that we have this place.

Sarah
08-01-2007, 03:26 AM
The ads are direct from the dive manufacturers.

acelockco
08-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Some are from dive suppliers too.

kirwoodd
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I also like the ads and try to support the companies that are paying for our place we hang out on the net. I have no complaints though, I am just happy that we have this place.

Meh,
I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.....

I do user interface work when I am not diving so I can't help myself.