PDA

View Full Version : Default autosubscription

kirwoodd
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Currently autosubscribe to new threads/posts is off.

That means that if I create a new thread or reply to an existing thread, I don't get an email notifying me. So I have to either remember to subscribe at the time or go back into the UserCP and set the setting correctly, which is what I did.

I would suggest that you make the default setting to autosubscribe users to threads. Based on the advertising on the site, I assume that you want more traffic, if a user forgets about the board, or just gets busy for a week, a friendly email saying that there is a new post is a nice little nudge. :D

acelockco
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
NO, I don't want to be bombarded with mail. I come back to the board many times every day. Every time you log on, you can click on the "new posts" tab and everything new since your last log on will show. You can even use it again during your visit to reply to more than one thread.

lottie
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
I can understand the points from Kirwoodd and Ace are coming from -
another suggestion could be to have an option within the User Panel to switch on or off email notification.

Sarah
07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
I think there is that option in the user control panel.

kirwoodd
07-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I think there is that option in the user control panel.

Yup,
the option is there.
My only point was make it default to email, not "do not email".
No biggy.

Sarah
07-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I see your point now....

There is a system in place that if a member hasn't been around for a month, we just send them a hello....