PDA

View Full Version : setting up Atom dive computer

krisharrison
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I just purchased an Atom 1.0 Dive computer by Oceanic. When I brought it out of deep sleep and set the clock, it began to beep and flash, warning that I was too deep and PO2 was to high. As I was sitting in my living room, this does not seem right. After sitting for an hour it stopped, but instead of the dive computer surface screen I get a flashing "A-D" for 5 seconds and then it returns to watch function. Any Ideas?

Zero
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
G'day and welcome aboard.
What does it say in the instruction manual? Ive never seen this computer up close so cant say much about it but to me it sounds like the sensor thinks your at depth. Did it display any depth or time? do you know what the PO2 was set at?
The A-D isnt AUD by any chance?

Matt

Sarah
07-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Kris, we'll try to have a definitive answer for you today.

krisharrison
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
The manual is not exactly user friendly. There is no mention of this code in it or online. There is an AUD display, so this isn't it. As far as the settings, I need to access the dive computer surface mode to check them. I am thinking that it may have to do with the transmitter being linked but not on a tak because it was giveing me an air warning befor shut down. I may be in the 24 hour "safe" mode now and that is why it will not access the dive screens.

amtrosie
07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
How about the battery condition? Even new computers can be "screwy". Take it back to the LDS.

The Publisher
07-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Kris,

I spoke with our friends over at Oceanic tech support and they stated that based upon your excellent description that there may be a problem with either the pressure transducer which correlates depth or the analog to digital converter chip.

You should return it to your authorized Oceanic Dealer or you can send it directly to Oceanic by pre-arranging a return by calling 1-800-435-3483.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT DIVE THE UNIT!

krisharrison
07-22-2007, 03:27 AM
Thank you all for the help. The unit is on the way back. As a new diver it is great to have a site like this for advice. Please keep up the great work!

kris