PDA

View Full Version : Problems with web site.

acelockco
07-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Has anyone else been having problems with the web site.

I have had problems when I go to the main page and try to login. It loads most of the page, but hangs up for a bit before I can even login. It also seems to hang up when I post something.

Anyone else having similar problems?

lottie
07-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I've noticed that it's a bit slower, but I just put that down to me having multiple IE windows open and a couple of other applications running.

Sarah
07-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Everything works fine on my end.....

acelockco
07-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Strange, because things are really much slower than they used to be and the entire site just stops responding sometimes. If I wait it will eventually get to the page it is trying to load. It has been this way for a few days or so but now it seems to be getting worse.

Unlike Lottie, I don't have other windows open or programs running. All of the other sites I use are working normally. I don't know if anything is wrong or not. Lets see if anyone else notices anything.

lottie
07-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Ace - have you tried clearing your Cache and deleting your temporary files?

acelockco
07-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Thanks Lottie,

It is not anything wrong on my end though.

Sarah
07-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Are you sure your computer isn't narc'ed?! ;)

Mountain Dog
07-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Ace-

It has been running normally for me at home and at work.

Mountain Dog

acelockco
07-20-2007, 03:30 AM
It very well could be something in the internet connection between here and where the site is being served from. I use Comcast for my internet which is usually fast, but it does have problems from time to time and that is a very real possibility.

Thanks for all of the quick responses, if anyone else does notice anything let us know otherwise I think I will forget about it and see what happens. It has been somewhat better as the evening progressed.

lottie
07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I just noticed that the website is going a bit slower today...it took ages to load one thread (over a minute!)

Just thought you'd like to know :)

acelockco
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow, that is a REALLY long time. Mine was just slow, nothing like that. It was speedy all day today and now it is slow this evening, go figure.

Daddy-h2O
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
For me it is hit or miss. Some days it is fast enough but others seem to take awhile. I figured it was busy or downloading a large advertisment...

Sarah
07-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Those symptoms sound like a typical bottleneck from multiple users on your provider pipeline.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

acelockco
07-23-2007, 09:05 PM
That's just because you don't want to have to do any work. LOL

Just kidding.

lottie
07-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Those symptoms sound like a typical bottleneck from multiple users on your provider pipeline.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

I think iDiveChick might be right. When I logged onto this site, it was the first one I went to. After I'd posted my post, I went onto other websites and they were slow as well. Frickin' technology eh?!

Daddy-h2O
07-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Do you ever stand in front of a microwave and scream "Hurry up!!!!"?

Sarah
07-24-2007, 12:06 AM
lol, Ace.

I think iDiveChick might be right.

I just KNEW we'd get along! Yeah, what she said! ;)

Daddy-h2O
07-24-2007, 12:18 AM
umm, I amsorry to sound like I am contridicting your surpreme boardship, but I am suffering long page loads and I just checked, there are 2 users and 7 guest. Which begs me to ask, most respectfully of course,how small of a bottle(neck) does this board use?

lottie
07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Fo the non-technically challenged - iDiveChick was referring to the bottle neck was in relation to your ISP provider and not this website

ISP provider is the company that you use to connect to the internet (AOL, C&W, etcetera, etcetera....)

It also depends on the time of day that you are trying to use the internet - maybe its the time when the kids get home from school and want to check their emails, global events happening and people want to know whats going on...that type of thing.

HTH

Daddy-h2O
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
I hate when sarcasism fails to shine through the type written word.

I am techno challenged,so thanks for the explaination.

lottie
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I hate when sarcasism fails to shine through the type written word.

I am techno challenged,so thanks for the explaination.

I'll take that as a compliment :S
btw - its sarcasm :)

acelockco
07-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Fo the non-technically challenged - iDiveChick was referring to the bottle neck was in relation to your ISP provider and not this website

HTH

Humm, that is the strangest thing. Why would I have a bottle neck here at my ISP while sending a few bits of text, while I have no problem when watching a video on You Tube? Any for the technically challenged, that is going to use MUCH MUCH MUCH more bandwidth than the small amount of text typed here.

The problem is probablly a bottle neck on the service provider for this web site. Maybe the server is dated or their backbone is weak.

lottie
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
But your text gets converted into a multitude of zeros and ones, plus other bits of information that are streamed down from your PC, through fibre-optic/coaxial cabling, down whatever to get to the SMN server....

acelockco
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't think you understand, the few ones and zeros generated by the text I type here is minute compaired to the number generated by a video clip from you tube, understand?

Sarah
07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Ace, I reject your astute reality and substitute mine. ;)

acelockco
07-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Ace, I reject your astute reality and substitute mine. ;)

I love it when you do that. :)

Daddy-h2O
07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
I'll take that as a compliment :S
btw - its sarcasm :)

STOP PICKING ON ME!!!! I don't spell so gud!

MAKE TECHNO BABBLE STOP!! IT"S MAKUNG MY MEGA HERT(Z)!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGG GGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH