PDA

View Full Version : Scuba DivingTrip for the ....

lottie
07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know whether there is a trip or organisation, somewhere in the world, for only divers that are single to meet and go diving???

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be the first (single) person to sign up, I'm just curious to know.

One supermarket in the UK, used to have singles evenings, so it was only single people doing their shopping, so you could flirt over the carrots or frozen meat counter (not that I actually did that of course...)

:D :D

Edit : Unless any of you lot would be interested in organizing a singles dive trip....????? ;)

Sarah
07-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Lottie, I bet the guys & girls would love for you to organize something!

lottie
07-12-2007, 08:50 PM
I put it down for someone else to organize something and you say for me to organize......hmmmm...have I just made myself a hole??

Better start digging...Now where did I put that spade... :D

Sarah
07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
We've invited you to participate involuntarily in a single divers initiative, lol.

Zero
07-13-2007, 10:14 PM
How does Sydney Australia sound next weekend? Might not be easy but its a start.

Matt

lottie
07-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks iDiveChick...thats most gracious of you :D

I think i might have problems getting flights....or maybe I'll be busy washing my hair... :)

But seriously...we (and I don't mean the royal 'we' either) could arrange something for beginning of next year.....if there are enough that are interested.....???? anyone????? someone????

icedragon
07-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I would be interested in going... can you keep me posted.

lottie
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I would be interested in going... can you keep me posted.

Hey IceDragon, welcome to the boards.
Do you have any suggestions as for where to go? or as Zero suggested, would Sydney, Oz seem appealing to you?

Ta

Quero
07-18-2007, 08:37 AM
If a group would like to come to Phuket, Thailand, I can help with the local logistics. It would be a matter of deciding when and then everybody arranges their own flights. I can deal with airport transfers, local lodging, liveaboard booking, elephant rides (!) and other on-the-ground (water?) arrangements. The diving here is easy enough for all yet interesting enough even for the well-traveled, so it's ideal. Late winter/early spring is the best time here (Feb, Mar, Apr).

lottie
07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Quero - Thailand would be a good place.
One of my old work colleagues went out there a number of years ago and loved it.

Any other suggestions or would Thailand appeal to people?

What about time of year...Quero - what would be best? I'm thinking sometime in the 2nd half of next year??
At least, if people are genuinely interested it gives everyone enough time to save up and book flights etc. (plus i'm going back to the UK in May for two weeks)

Sarah
07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Quero,

I understand the best diving in Thailand is a live aboard to the Similians? What are land based dive resorts like?

The Publisher
07-18-2007, 11:45 PM
If our members want it we can arrange an official ScubaMagazine.net Group trip but we typically need at least 10 confirmed.

The best deals to be had are the Philipines but we can probably arrange for something with advance notice in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Bali, Singapore, etc.

We'll be talking with some resorts in November at the DEMA show and see what we can plan out.

acelockco
07-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Considering you would need that many members to go, I think a MUCH better idea would be a trip for anyone in the group instead of just the singles. It seems like eliminating a large part of the group would not be very nice to us married or other couples.

lottie
07-19-2007, 12:33 PM
If our members want it we can arrange an official ScubaMagazine.net Group trip but we typically need at least 10 confirmed.

The best deals to be had are the Philipines but we can probably arrange for something with advance notice in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Bali, Singapore, etc.

We'll be talking with some resorts in November at the DEMA show and see what we can plan out.

That all sounds really good and the first offical SMN diver trip to the Phillipines (or around that part of the world anyway) would be good, especially if we can get some good deals(?) with some resorts.

Ace - I'm inclined to agree with you (this thread started off as a bit of fun), but if there are 10 people out there (well, 9 really if you count me off). I think this should be open to everyone.

Quero
07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
1) Best time of year: from 1 November to 1 May. My pick--Feb/March/April

2) Best sites: accessible from liveaboards to the Similans. Typically 4d/4n. But we can also do land based and have daytrip diving. We can dive for four days on day boats (2, 3, or 4 dive days) and not do the same site twice. We don't have dedicated dive resorts at Phuket.

3) Numbers: we don't need 10, but if we have that many, we can get cheaper deals (half charters, for example). However, with any number we can go. All kinds of price ranges are available from super budget to super luxe. You get what you pay for, in relative terms, though. Cheaper means shared bathrooms, for example, and no Nitrox fills.

yohanson
07-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Ace - I'm inclined to agree with you (this thread started off as a bit of fun), but if there are 10 people out there (well, 9 really if you count me off). I think this should be open to everyone.

You know I'm there!

lottie
07-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Okay - so to recap...we have
Me (obviously!)
IceDragon,
Quero,
Ace,
Yohanson,

....anymore for anymore???

BamaCaveDiver
07-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Organize a trip to Thailand that is cost effective and will allow cave diving (for those so certified) and I will become single (if that is a pre-req) :p

The Publisher
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Yesterday I spent all day laying the groundwork for being able to invite others to a group dive trip so we have a sufficient number.

Last week I spoke with a large dive travel agency I had previously met with at a trade show and the magic # is 10 paid in full.

There are a handful of resorts awaiting me doing a review and doing some HD video productions of the resort and the diving.

Somewhere there was also a resort in Bonaire that wanted me out, but I hear Bonaire is all beach diving where you drag your equipment all over and I prefer to do resort diving with boats, as lugging around 70lbs of gear and a 40lb HD videocam system ranks right along with having a massive c02 hit on the rebreather or discovering posthumously there was carbon monoxide in the airfill.

As an option, if we did any of those resorts such as Davao, etc, I could do an HD video production where we are all in it, and it gets posted to about 41 video file sharing sites including YouTube, etc. and all attendees would get a CD.

The end of October/beginning of November we'll be in Florida to do an HD video production of Diving with the Manatees courtesy of Captain Mike of Sunshine River Tours (http://www.sunshinerivertours.com) and his ever lovely colleague Captain Doreen.

While in Florida we'll be covering the DEMA show and really putting our nose to the grinder with resorts and dive travel agencies and getting some fun trips together.

acelockco
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Okay - so to recap...we have
Me (obviously!)
IceDragon,
Quero,
Ace,
Yohanson,

....anymore for anymore???

I never said I was going. Now if you can talk KatieCat into going, then of course I will have to go. She is the one that works the real job and plans all of that stuff. I am mostly in charge of equipment and such. LOL

Anyway I am down for going anywhere, but like I said she makes the vacation decisions mostly.

acelockco
07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Organize a trip to Thailand that is cost effective and will allow cave diving (for those so certified) and I will become single (if that is a pre-req) :p

LMAO!!!

I am sure your better 1/2 would empty your deco gas while you were submerged if she saw that.

acelockco
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Yesterday I spent all day laying the groundwork for being able to invite others to a group dive trip so we have a sufficient number.

While in Florida we'll be covering the DEMA show and really putting our nose to the grinder with resorts and dive travel agencies and getting some fun trips together.

Thanks for all of the great work.

As far as Bonaire, there is boat as well as beach diving, but don't give up on the beach diving. We can just rent some Jeeps and drive them right to the water. SCUBA magazine rated Bonaire the top destination this year.

I also like the idea of something that is reasonably close to most of us. I know there are users all over the globe, but I believe most of us are in the U.S. or nearby (Lottie). ;)

lottie
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
and I will become single (if that is a pre-req) :p

Bama,
Just to clear this up - I mentioned in an earlier post in response to Ace, that this should be open to all (not just us that are single)

I think this should be open to everyone.

Sarah
07-30-2007, 10:37 PM
So it is open to not just the detached but to doubles, lol

lottie
07-30-2007, 10:43 PM
iDiveChick - that is correct...do you think its worth moving this thread out of the "Scuba Singles" area and rename the title?

I dont' think I can rename the title - or can I?
<edit> Okay, I changed the title on my original post, but the thread title is still the same :(

Sarah
07-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Renaming threat titles sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't....I have no idea why.....

A new thread area, or maybe even an entire section might be in order.......let me give it some thought and I will take all input.

There's the ScubaMagazine.net Official Sute News", we could make a subform to that called "Scubamagazine.net Group Trips".

We could do something in the Diving MarketPlace section: Dive Travel, Group/Club Trips, Travel Buddies Wanted or we could leave that alone for non-SMN trips or we could do something in the General Travel, Resort & Vacation Discussion section.

I vote for near the top under ScubaMagazine.net Site News with its own Group Trips sub-forum.

lottie
07-30-2007, 11:34 PM
I vote for near the top under ScubaMagazine.net Site News with its own Group Trips sub-forum.

That sounds good to me :D

acelockco
07-30-2007, 11:34 PM

Since when did your vote count. Just kidding, I agree with you on the Group Trips catagory. But then again, who really cares about the catagory, we all know what is going on.

MimpiIndah
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi everybody,

I operate a beautiful dive resort in Indonesia and everybody is more then welcome! Groups or individuals, no problem ;-)

The publisher is coming to my resort within the next couple of weeks, so expact to see a lot more info about diving around Bangka Island in North Sulawesi, Indonesia.

Hope to see all of you with the first ScubaMagazine group travel !

quinn2187
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
hi, i am new to thi but i'll try. i think the trip would be a blast. i would need to know more details before i could commit, but sounds like a great idea. i like the original version best since i didn't take up scuba till i got divorced, lol. but either way i'm sure it would be fun, keep me posted please.

Sarah
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I will guess we would have about a dozen separate people interested in going on a group trip so it become an issue of finding resorts that can accomodate that many individual rooms unless all you guys are ok sleeping with other men in the same bed. ;)

acelockco
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I will guess we would have about a dozen separate people interested in going on a group trip so it become an issue of finding resorts that can accomodate that many individual rooms unless all you guys are ok sleeping with other men in the same bed. ;)

What are you talking about? You usually have a choice of 1 king/queen size beds OR 2 Twin size beds.

Quero
09-05-2007, 02:59 AM
This isn't as much of a problem here on Phuket as it's fairly easy to get rooms with twin sharing. Also, we could go on a liveaboard and score a discount for a group charter :-)

Diverdaniel
09-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Great Ideas all :)
i would gladly help arrenge a dive trip in Eilat and the red sea, i can arrange a big dive-boat for a good price that has a deck lift to get out and in the water with a ramp similar to an air craft carrier ramp. cool thing.
accomodation in EIlat, tech and rec dives. the lot. cruises to Sinai- and other oarts in the red-sea are also an option. let me know so i can plan :)

pelicanrug
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Anywhere sounds like a blast to me. Let me know where and I will be there. If lucky, the wet-sub I'm working on will be done and we could all play with it.

lottie
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Great Ideas all :)
i would gladly help arrenge a dive trip in Eilat and the red sea, i can arrange a big dive-boat for a good price that has a deck lift to get out and in the water with a ramp similar to an air craft carrier ramp. cool thing.
accomodation in EIlat, tech and rec dives. the lot. cruises to Sinai- and other oarts in the red-sea are also an option. let me know so i can plan :)

Eilat and the Red Sea sound good - I've always wanted to go to Israel.

hmmm..maybe a few polls are in order....watch this space!

Diverdaniel
09-06-2007, 05:29 AM
an organised tour could also be arranged, Jeursalem, Dead-Sea, the Galillee. lots of places to go.
Also, Petra in Jordan, Oh, we could also dive in jordan aswell. great sites there. :)

hrmmmm i gotta do some homework on this one.
how long a trip in mind?

bottlefish
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Just started reading this thread, are the discussions still afoot?

As a suggestion, http://www.worldwidediveandsail.com for a Thailand liveaboard. I met them at the London dive show last year, nice people and also a trip with a bit of a difference, sailing to and from destinations on a decent sized and well equipped yacht, looks after the carbon foot print a little too :-)

I'd be interested in a trip at the right price to the right destination - not all that bothered by the Carribean though, would rather get to the Indian Ocean or Pacific.

lottie
09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Bottlefish - welcome to the boards! :)

You are correct - discussions about a SMN group trip somewhere (not just for those that are single) is still going on.

I created another thread as a poll to ascertain where people would like to go and to narrow down the possibilities of where to go.
Check out the link below.

group trip - location - Page 2 - ScubaMagazine.net Forum (http://www.scubamagazine.net/showthread.php?p=7096)

I think most of us are interested in a trip at the right price to the right location, but do to the geographical challenge amongst us all, it's a bit of a issue to a.) getting a reasonable price b.) somewhere that is of interest c.) won't include too much travel to get there d.) and a whole host of other logistical issues.

HTH

rubber chicken
09-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I think that, given the geographical distribution of the membership of this board, the chances of all getting to a single place on the planet at the same time are pretty astronomical!:(
Therefore, I propose, as a temporary expedient, a distributed dive. Pick a single weekend and everyone of us goes diving at our favourite local spot and posts a report of it here. With photo's from those with cameras.

Just a thought!

seasnake
09-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Although I don't think the idea of a group trip should be abandoned, that is a really good idea too.

Quero
09-27-2007, 02:09 AM
I think that, given the geographical distribution of the membership of this board, the chances of all getting to a single place on the planet at the same time are pretty astronomical!:(
Therefore, I propose, as a temporary expedient, a distributed dive. Pick a single weekend and everyone of us goes diving at our favourite local spot and posts a report of it here. With photo's from those with cameras.

Just a thought!

That's a great idea, but the actual live-the-experience-together idea is more applealing to me. We will almost certainly not be able to accommodate everybody's geographical wishes on just one trip, so here's a related idea:
We hold several nearly simultaneous trips and post photos from each group for the others to see, à la distributed dive format. So one group dives in Asia, another in the Caribbean, another in the Great Lakes, a fourth in the Red Sea....

I guess I'm being idealistic here, but I guess I'm inspired by stuff like "live aid" concerts that take place nearly simultaneously in different parts of the world.

Papa Bear
09-27-2007, 02:20 AM
I hate to rain on anyones parade, but I have seen blind dates that sucked, and this one you would have no escape. I think you are better off going on a regular dive trip solo and hope for the best. On my last two live aboards we had a romance on both. The one last year lasted 6 months and they parted as friends. The one this year they are engaged! But they were regular dive trips with a mix of couples, Singles, and Solos. I think there is lest pressure and it is more comfortable than a singles only. With that you will end up with 80% guys or more and woman who feel put upon! If you go more relaxed it is much better, I have seen it happen!:cool:

The Publisher
09-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Since there is a desire to dive in the Caribbean, the Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Costa Rica, etc, I am up for going to and diving at each one of them!

rubber chicken
09-27-2007, 03:59 AM
That's a great idea, but the actual live-the-experience-together idea is more applealing to me. We will almost certainly not be able to accommodate everybody's geographical wishes on just one trip, so here's a related idea:
We hold several nearly simultaneous trips and post photos from each group for the others to see, à la distributed dive format. So one group dives in Asia, another in the Caribbean, another in the Great Lakes, a fourth in the Red Sea....

I guess I'm being idealistic here, but I guess I'm inspired by stuff like "live aid" concerts that take place nearly simultaneously in different parts of the world.

Now that is an even better idea!:)

PinayDiver
09-30-2007, 11:15 AM
So, where are we going again? lol

Quero, I just got back from Thailand (Ayuthayya, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok) with non-diving travelers and knew I had to come back for just diving. So, sure, I can help with the magic 10 number :)

PinayDiver
09-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi Marcia,
I might as well say, you know how some travelers indicate that they're, say, vegetarian, or need a beach-front view or whatever else?

Mine would be...need wifi (so workmates from SoCal, Shanghai, and Manila -- as long as I'm responsive -- are lulled into the idea that I'm in my usual workstation lol)

Can you kindly factor that in for possible places-to-stay? (I have surfed for hotspots in Phuket but since you're the local...) I may be able to talk three more women into joining me too once package details are posted here? I'm OK with any of the months you recommended.

Thanks Lottie, for starting the thread :)

lottie
09-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Lu-Ann,
It hasn't been decided as yet, where we're going - I started a poll a while ago to decide, which ends on the 1st November. So if you haven't voted - get voting :D

PinayDiver
09-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi Lottie:
The poll isn't at the beginning of this thread?
My vote is obvious though -- and only because I'm already in the Philippines and curious about what the diving is like elsewhere :)
And plus Marcia offered her valuable organizational skills once we step off the tarmac (a big plus) :)
Having said that, Indonesia is on my wish list too (maybe we can plan for a quarterly trip :D)

1) Best time of year: from 1 November to 1 May. My pick--Feb/March/April

2) Best sites: accessible from liveaboards to the Similans. Typically 4d/4n. But we can also do land based and have daytrip diving. We can dive for four days on day boats (2, 3, or 4 dive days) and not do the same site twice. We don't have dedicated dive resorts at Phuket.

3) Numbers: we don't need 10, but if we have that many, we can get cheaper deals (half charters, for example). However, with any number we can go. All kinds of price ranges are available from super budget to super luxe. You get what you pay for, in relative terms, though. Cheaper means shared bathrooms, for example, and no Nitrox fills.

Quero
10-01-2007, 10:11 AM

Quero, I just got back from Thailand (Ayuthayya, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok) with non-diving travelers and knew I had to come back for just diving. So, sure, I can help with the magic 10 number :)

:o Off topic.... sort of sorry, but not....

Anyway, LuAnn, when you went to Kanchanaburi, did you get to pet the tigers at the tiger temple? What a rush!

(mending my ways) Ahem, well, yes, Lu-Ann, there are places that have wi-fi around Phuket. I'm pretty sure we can find a hotspot for you to get your fix!

PinayDiver
10-03-2007, 03:42 PM
:o Off topic.... sort of sorry, but not....

Anyway, LuAnn, when you went to Kanchanaburi, did you get to pet the tigers at the tiger temple? What a rush!

(mending my ways) Ahem, well, yes, Lu-Ann, there are places that have wi-fi around Phuket. I'm pretty sure we can find a hotspot for you to get your fix!

Hi Marcia, we had to choose between the tiger temple and elephant rides through the jungle (incorporated a raft ride) -- opted for the latter (since half the day was taken up by visiting the bridge over the River Kwai and the train ride on the Death Rail, and the day before was all about Ayuthayya's ruins. See, I took your advise to see the provinces. Next, Phi Phi, Similan... (and so transitioning back to a marine theme :) )

So, I'll just keep watching this thread for dive-Thailand (or wherever Lottie's poll says) updates then :)

mismail
10-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Red sea is great allover the year.

Diverdaniel
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Since there is a desire to dive in the Caribbean, the Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Costa Rica, etc, I am up for going to and diving at each one of them!

Hey, havnt been on in a while, got married a week ago :)
i fully agree with Publisher on this one.

PinayDiver
10-17-2007, 01:55 PM
heeeeey, congratulations daniel! (you say congratulations to the man, right? best wishes to the bride? i'm never sure on that one :) ) destination wedding? seaside? underwater? (doing a marcia and linking it to the thread theme :) )

lottie
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey, havnt been on in a while, got married a week ago :)

Mazel Tov :)

hbh2oguard
10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Mazel Tov :)

you stumped me.... had to look it up:confused:

Sarah
10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Mazal Tov (Hebrew: ??? ????) literally means "good fortune" in Hebrew. This phrase has been incorporated into Yiddish as "Mazel Tov," and is now used in Modern Hebrew and English as well. It is often used to mean "congratulations."

The expression comes from the Mishnaic Hebrew mazz?l, meaning "constellation" or "destiny." This in turn is thought to have derived from the Akkadian language manzaltu, mazzaztum, "position of a star," from izuzzu, "to stand." Adding the word tôb, meaning "good," a direct English translation would be "good fortune or destiny", or even "your constellation (or zodiac or stars) were good".

"Mazal Tov" is often said frequently and sometimes loudly at Jewish celebrations. The phrase is often used on the occasion of celebrations such as Bar or Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, or births.

Note that although "mazal" means "luck" in Modern Hebrew, "good luck" is an incorrect translation of the true meaning of the phrase. This term is not used in the way that the expression "good luck" is used in English (typically as "I wish you good luck"). It is more often an acknowledgement that good fortune has already occurred; the sayer means, "I am pleased this good thing has happened to you".

See how educated I am?! Either that, or I just copied and pasted all the above from Wikipedia! lol

lottie
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I think you just copied that from wiki :D

But in essence it means Congratulations.

Oh and iDC - apart from mitzvahs, weddings and births - don't forget at a bris ;) (now who's going to be the first one to find that one out) :D ;) :)

PinayDiver
10-19-2007, 03:32 AM
When I hear Mazel Tov, the song from Fiddler on the Roof (which I watched as a child) swells up (the rabbi sang it in Tevye's dream sequence?) :D

SCUBA411
10-28-2007, 09:32 AM
I think you just copied that from wiki :D

But in essence it means Congratulations.

Oh and iDC - apart from mitzvahs, weddings and births - don't forget at a bris ;) (now who's going to be the first one to find that one out) :D ;) :)

:eek: You must have a bit of a sinister/sadistic streak in you:p

aircarl1
11-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Have you checked out www.divebuddy.com ?

Quero
11-11-2007, 12:02 AM
:eek: You must have a bit of a sinister/sadistic streak in you:p

Why sinister/sadistic? Well, based on the :eek: icon you used, let me guess--you're a guy and didn't undergo the "procedure" as an infant....

;)

lottie
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
LOL@Quero - that's a good one!

btw, not all men have a bris at 8 days old, i know quite a few guys over here that have had it when they are much much older (and please don't ask me how I know)

The Publisher
11-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Thank goodness my recollection only goes back so far.....>shudders

amtrosie
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
LOL@Quero - that's a good one!

btw, not all men have a bris at 8 days old, i know quite a few guys over here that have had it when they are much much older (and please don't ask me how I know)

How this has anything to do with single diving, I DO NOT WANT TO VENTURE DOWN THAT ROAD!!!!!

Having grown up in a not so civilized area, this aforementioned subject was propagated on some young men that were WELL past the accepted age for this procedure. Their discomfort, I can attest to. :eek: :eek: :eek:

lottie
11-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey amtrosie - don't blame me - i only said Mazel Tov and it went from there... :) ;)

amtrosie
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey amtrosie - don't blame me - i only said Mazel Tov and it went from there... :) ;)

Your proclamation of innocence is totally lost on me. :rolleyes: :p ;)

acelockco
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Have you checked out www.divebuddy.com ?

Yes I did. I signed up as well, it seems like it is just getting started.

For everyone, it is like a Myspace for Divers. It is free, but again not too many users yet. At least you can get the user name you want before it is taken.

If you do join, it asks for someone who refered you, you can use me if you like. Also add me to your buddy list and I will ad you as well.

My user name there is NJ_Wreck_Diver

Brtore
12-01-2007, 05:10 AM
I was just reading about a tripto Fantasy Island Roatan, Honduras.. they are hosting a singles week of diving.. I believe they do this a couple of times a year..

P.s. I love the diving there...and will return

littleleemur
12-04-2007, 05:55 AM
A singles week of diving on an island?

hmm...

Although that sounds like a good idea at first, it just may not be. Kinda like Ladies night at a pub or club -- the night where you think you can go hang out with the girls and get free or 1/2 price drinks but end up being surrounded by a bunch of slimey pervert looser guys that went there to scope the ladies....

and this would be on an island too? No escape! :eek!

Seriously though, I love diving in Roatan & Fantasy Island is awesome.

Diverdaniel
12-07-2007, 09:43 AM
thanks very much all :)

lol what a thread this has become :D

warrior1
12-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I'd be interested for the latter half of next year and Sydney would be fine but I am not picky. I am currently serving in Iraq but will be home in mid-july and am looking for some dive friends to celebrate with a coming home dive. i live in northern IL. and am looking to travel.

divebuddyoz
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
theres an annual event in Roatan off Honduras, not exactly sure of the resort...could be fantasy hotel. each year they have an event for single divers, seems to be really popular, well attended and a whole lot of fun, plus the diving there is supposed to be awesome, check it out

egglie
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
for anyone from the UK there is a company called www.speedbreaks.com who do singles diving to Sharm. They don't force you to do any cheesy dating activities, its just a very relaxed way to meet other people with similar interests. Its mostly beginners as they offer discounted open water courses but there are qualified divers too.

I have been a couple of times and have always really enjoyed myself. Because no one knows any one else you all get to know each other pretty quickly and you don't run the risk of being goosberry on a boat full of happy couples.

AsiaDiveParadise
04-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Blessed Day
Everybody is welcome to dive in the Tropical and Dive Paradise of the World the Philippines and meet single, fun, dynamic Filipino and Filipinas.

Best Regards to all and GOD Bless