PDA

View Full Version : Re-reading training material

lottie
07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
There's a wide range and variety of training available to the diver - whatever the agency is - starting with OW, then onto AOW, Rescue, DM, speciality diving etc, etc.

Now, me only done my OW, will soon be doing my AOW. So i'm re-reading through my OW manual - more for the case of seeing if there is something that I didn't catch first time or remember

So the question is - Does anyone else re-read through or dip into their diver manuals well after they've done the training?

acelockco
07-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I do. When my diving magazines are read from cover to cover and back again a few times and I get bored waiting for a new issue to come out....well that is when I start reading my old training manuals again.

rubber chicken
07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I re -read my manuals while i was doing my DM course, and a recent discussion about casualty lifting got me re-reading my Rescue diver manuals. I seem to have inadvertently booked myself onto an IDC/IE in September so I really should get them all out and read them all again. Add in my, newly aquired ,TDI manuals, a couple of Dive physiology books that I found in my local library and innumerable diving websites and fora and its a wonder that i have any time for the actual diving!:eek:

BamaCaveDiver
07-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Old diving manuals, mathematics texts, and the like all have a spot in the library and all get read anew on a regualr basis. My other half thought I was joking when I first mentioned to her just how big my personal library really was ;)

ScubaTexan
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I certainly do! You can never do enough refreshing.

Mountain Dog
07-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, I re-read manuals and dive mags all the time. You have to do something during surface intervals...

Mountain Dog

Zero
07-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Yep reread all mine a few times. Another good one if you have a few bucks spare is the NOAA Diving Manual. A lot information in there that you would never need to know but still its a great read for the things you should know.

Matt

Quero
07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I seem to have inadvertently booked myself onto an IDC/IE :eek:

:p Talked yourself into a corner, did you? LOL

amtrosie
07-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Always!!!! They are a great rescource for every diver. I am always referencing them when questions arise and discussions get animated within my dive team.

rubber chicken
07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
:p Talked yourself into a corner, did you? LOL

I was once vehement that I would never become an Instructor! Quite happy as a DM thanks! It just goes to show !... What exactly, I'm not sure but i'm sure its very profound.:)