PDA

View Full Version : New Diver in Reading, Pennsylvania

heelsfaninpa
07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Frankie and I am a recently certified diver (May 2007). Thus far, including yesterday, I have completed my 8th dive. Yesterday, I went to Dutch Springs in Pennsylvania and had a great time.

My best dive so far was at Walt Disney World at EPCOT. On my 5th dive, I dove EPCOTs "The Living Seas". The guys who ran this program are top-notch professionals. The marine life was incredible, including 8 sharks (sand tigers and nurse sharks), sea turtles, rays, and hundreds of other fish. The best part was that my family was able to watch me dive. My daughter recorded the dive from the viewing area and the Dive Quest guys video taped the first 20 minutes of the dive. We got 50 minutes of bottom time, which was absolutely the best. If you are planning a trip to Disney, you should take the time to do this. It only fueled my desire to dive more and more.

My current goals for diving include gaining more experience through quarry and ocean dives and taking specialty classes. I am fortunate that I have a family that supports my new hobby, escpecially my wife. Besides, she can't wait to go to Mexico and sit on the beach!

Hope everyone has a great summer and awesome dive season.

Stay Wet!
Frankie

Sarah
07-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi Frankie!

Welcome to the SMn Community.

The Epcot Center dives sound like fun, I didn't know they had something like that.

heelsfaninpa
07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I only learned about it about a month before I left. The cost of the dive was $140.00. The cost of the dvd of the dive was $35.00. The best part is that none of the money goes to the "mouse". All the money raised goes to Wildlife Refuge programs throughout the world. That kind of made me feel better. I payed enough to that &^%*@# mouse while I was there.

Also, if you are an SSI certified diver (as I am), you get a discount from the cost of the dive.

acelockco
07-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Welcome aboard heelsfaninpa,

This is Ace by the way from quarrydivers...LOL

Great to see you here! There is a lot of activity on this great forum and you will get a lot of awesome info from all the members!

Drop me a PM when you want to go diving at Willow Springs and we can add some dives to that log book of yours. I am always looking for a reason to play hookey from work if you are ever free during the week. :eek:

heelsfaninpa
07-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Ace,
With a rotating shiftwork, I usually have several days per month that I am free during the week. Will definately give you a shout when the time comes.

Thanks!

acelockco
07-08-2007, 11:13 PM
By the way Shillington.

FYI

Zero
07-10-2007, 08:35 AM
G'day and welcome aboard Frankie.

Matt