PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

ScubaTexan
07-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Ken and I am from North Central Texas, or what's left of it. It's beginning to dry out now after all the rain, but it still has a little ways to go. The lakes and rivers are almost all over their banks and the water is extremly yucky, so there won't be much diving for awhile, but I'm hoping to go again really soon. :)

Sarah
07-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Hello Ken, welcome to the SMn Community!

ScubaTexan
07-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Thank you!

Zero
07-07-2007, 11:13 PM
G'day and welcome aboard Ken. Sounds like your having the same weather as we are at the moment.

Matt

ScubaTexan
07-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Cheers, Zero!

Carp_dm
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Welcome from South Texas (SA). And I hear you about the rain, bro. We finally got a chance to dive Sunday...no viz, but it beat sitting at home watching my dive gear age. How are the bugs up your way?

acelockco
07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Ken and I am from North Central Texas

How are you doing Ken, nice to have you here.

We had a bunch of rain a month or so ago. It was raining hard every day for like 2 weeks. The visibility was so bad, but after the rain was gone for a week or so the vis. cleared up to even better than before the rain started. So we'll keep our fingers crossed that you get the same luck.

Don't worry much, the summer just started!

ScubaTexan
07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Welcome from South Texas (SA). And I hear you about the rain, bro. We finally got a chance to dive Sunday...no viz, but it beat sitting at home watching my dive gear age. How are the bugs up your way?

If by bugs you mean insects, they're as irritating as always and beginning to surface out of the ground again. Then again, if you mean the crawfish-type, I don't know how they're doing this year. I haven't gotten to do much diving for them lately.

Carp_dm
07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
The rain has really driven the insects out and up as they seek shelter. There is a high concrete lot near where I live that I happened to cross yesterday with crickets and tarantulas all seeking high ground. I think we may soon pass Alaska in terms if mosquito populations.

BamaCaveDiver
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
The rain has really driven the insects out and up as they seek shelter. There is a high concrete lot near where I live that I happened to cross yesterday with crickets and tarantulas all seeking high ground. I think we may soon pass Alaska in terms if mosquito poulations.

Ah, the sound of mole crickets and tarantualas popping under the tires as you drive down a lonely road at night, now that is Texas;)

Carp_dm
07-09-2007, 05:54 PM
You made me smile with that one Bama.

Zero
07-10-2007, 08:42 AM
OK not to be out done we have the same problem with bugs here at the moment but we have this little one called the Funnel Web Spider. Nice and deadly and loves living in shoes and other things humans tend to inhabit.

Matt

BamaCaveDiver
07-10-2007, 03:12 PM
But do they make a nice, loud, distinctive popping noise when you run over them on the road?:p

ScubaTexan
07-10-2007, 08:23 PM
A lot of our bugs and insects have sure gotten resilient! Sometimes, it takes two or three Bron-Y-Aur Stomps to squish them....LOL :D

Zero
07-11-2007, 07:12 AM
But do they make a nice, loud, distinctive popping noise when you run over them on the road?:p

Too small for that but the cane toads up north sure make driving in any weather more interesting.

Matt

Carp_dm
07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
A lot of our bugs and insects have sure gotten resilient! Sometimes, it takes two or three Bron-Y-Aur Stomps to squish them....LOL :D

I think they've been learning from the cockroaches.