PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever dive in indonesia?

inikeke
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
i took this bagey cardinal fish at lembeh, north sulawesi.
anyone ever came to bunaken-lembeh, too?

Sarah
01-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Nice photo! What a tiny juvenile fish....

I liked your website too, nice photography. That one subject that was thought of as a sponge is actually a tunicate (http://www.reefimages.com/cgi-reefimages/page.cgi?list=Sponges&slide=233.jpg).

inikeke
01-09-2007, 04:31 AM
I've rewritten the note about the tunicate. the link is helpfull too, could be my next references. thx a lot.
and yup! that one was the very tiny juvenile banggai cardinal fish (revised the spelling), you could compared its size with the sea urchin behind..

niway, thx for checking my website, even it'snot all about diving..

allisonfinch
01-12-2007, 02:19 AM
:)

I have dived in Bali and Lombongan Island in Indonesia. I will be back in Indonesia in two weeks.

inikeke
01-26-2007, 10:25 AM
:)

I have dived in Bali and Lombongan Island in Indonesia. I will be back in Indonesia in two weeks.
then, where you'll dive to?

Sarah
02-19-2007, 02:00 AM
The publisher of ScubaMagazine will be traveling to Lembeh Straights, Bunaken and Gangaa this summer.

inikeke
02-19-2007, 03:08 AM
The publisher of ScubaMagazine will be traveling to Lembeh Straights, Bunaken and Gangaa this summer.

sound interesting!! when will it be? and in what purpose?
you'll come in too, idivechic?

Sarah
02-19-2007, 03:31 AM
My work is keeping the forum moderated.

The publisher will be going for the purposes of doing some reviews of different dive resorts and posting the reviews here, as well as doing some HiDef videography above and below water of all the fantastic weird macro critters in Lembeh.

TravelnSJ
02-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Just booked my trip in December/January for the Lembeh Straits and the Sorido resort in Papua:) .....Get the best of both worlds....Medium & Big stuff in Papua and weird stuff in Lembeh:D

Also have dove in Bali and East Timor last September....Loved it!

Sarah
02-19-2007, 01:40 PM
TSJ, in your user control panel you can enable a countdown feature, such as "233 days to go till Lembeh/Papua New Guinea Dive Trip"

TravelnSJ
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I have that feature working for Palau...I leave next week...when I go into edit options....enable countdown...put the numbers in...looks like it is working.....but it does not show up????....Just noticed....looks like it is working now?!

seasnake
02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't see that feature . . . where is it?

inikeke
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
i never go to wakatobi. but i'm interested to spend my saving and holiday there in may. is it right time to enjoy the place? :p *ashamed me, native indonesia's asking for the place in her own country*
any suggestion about the dive point or information about the accomodation?

thx. (kk)

TravelnSJ
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
i never go to wakatobi. but i'm interested to spend my saving and holiday there in may. is it right time to enjoy the place? :p *ashamed me, native indonesia's asking for the place in her own country*
any suggestion about the dive point or information about the accomodation?

thx. (kk)

Check out their web site:) ....the people I have talked to say it is upscale accommodations and some of the best diving in the world....best time of the year?...they say Sept/October is the very best for Wakatobi....Inikeke....Shame on you!:p ....and American telling you about Indonesia:confused: ....(I'm Laughing):)

seasnake
02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I have that feature working for Palau...I leave next week...when I go into edit options....enable countdown...put the numbers in...looks like it is working.....but it does not show up????....Just noticed....looks like it is working now?!

Can't get this feature to work for me ... Pour quoi?

Sarah
02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Seasnake,

Go to "User CP" in the upper left light blue horizontal navigation bar. Once you click on that, you will see "Settings & Options". Within that , look for "Edit Options". After klicking on that, move your eyes to the gith larger columns, scroll all the way down to "Miscellaneous Options", then the 2nd option within that will be "My Countdown" and voila!

allisonfinch
02-25-2007, 12:24 AM
then, where you'll dive to?

I'll be in Raja Ampat and then Lembeh strait. I just got back night before last. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!:D :D :D

seasnake
02-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Seasnake,

Go to "User CP" in the upper left light blue horizontal navigation bar. Once you click on that, you will see "Settings & Options". Within that , look for "Edit Options". After klicking on that, move your eyes to the gith larger columns, scroll all the way down to "Miscellaneous Options", then the 2nd option within that will be "My Countdown" and voila!

Yep, been trying all that ... hit save changes at the end ... but no go ... Typically, my screw ups are quite advanced ... I do notice when I go BACK to User CP to try it again all the fields are blank, if that helps??

MimpiIndah
02-28-2007, 05:16 AM

He should also visit Bangka Island. This is the bigger island next to Gangaa and has much more divesites to offer.
If you want to now more then visit my website: www.mimpiindah.com

Hope to see you soon!