PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Diving for Golf Balls

rszarka
06-19-2007, 08:06 AM
R&L Golf Ball Retrieval Co. Presents The lost Golf Ball

Find out all of the secrets of the golf ball retrieval industry. Finding information of how to start and run a golf ball retrieval company is an extremely difficult task. Industry leaders keep all of the information very secretive as they know it is a very profitable industry with very low startup and maintenance costs and very little competition.
The entire process is very complex, knowing how to wash the balls properly with speed and getting them back into almost new condition, how to grade and sort the balls, how to recover them most efficiently, how to get contracts with golf courses for the lowest cost and how to sell them.
Sounds difficult, yet it is really quite simply once you have the knowledge. If someone was to try and learn all of this through trial and error it would takes years to get it right.
That’s where the Lost Golfball E-book comes into play

The Lost Golf Ball E-book covers everything anyone would need to know to start and run a golf ball retrieval company.
The author has over 13 years experience in the industry, he dove for golf balls for 8 years before starting his own full fledged retrieval company.
Within the book you will find out how to get contracts with courses, how to dive for golf balls, how to roll for golf balls, how to clean golf balls, how to sell the golf balls – everything!
There is also over 35 pictures at the end of the book from the bottoms of golf course ponds so you can see what it actually looks like down there.

Anyone that is an entrepreneur and is looking for a new idea that is a proven money maker and is not expensive to start should definitely check out The Lost Golf Ball E-book.

Golf Ball retrieval is a largely unknown multi billion dollar industry.
Excerpt from U.S.A Today below

An estimated 518 million rounds of golf are played in the U.S.A each year,
And on average, a golfer loses 4.5 balls per round.
Usage of new vs. regained golf balls:

Total Golf Balls Played Per Year
2.5 Billion

“Regained” golf balls played
1.9 billion

New golf balls sold
.6 billion

This clearly shows the possibilities in this industry. Join the golf ball revolution today! Visit http://www.rnlgolfballs.com for more information and The Lost Golf Ball E-book.

Zero
06-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Within the book you will find out how to get contracts with courses, how to dive for golf balls, how to roll for golf balls, how to clean golf balls, how to sell the golf balls – everything!

How to deal with the big aggressive eels in the ponds and the snakes in the reeds around them? The ear infections from the stagnant water?
Not knocking what your doing i know you can make a bit of money out of it but it definately isnt for everyone.

Matt

acelockco
06-19-2007, 01:27 PM
How about alligators. I know there are a lot of golf courses in Florida, but there are more alligators than golf courses.

I thought about doing this as well, but the more I thought about it, the less fun it sounded. It started to sound like real work, and who wants real work? :eek:

Zero
06-20-2007, 07:49 AM
We dont have alligators here but we do have big crocs up north but i think they would be the least of your worries.

Matt

acelockco
06-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't know much about crocs, but if they behave like alligators, I would not go near that water. I would rather swim with a great white than with gators.

But all things considered, this sounds like it could be something that could work out well. You only get up to 20 cents per ball if perfect, and less depending on condition, so you would need to find a LOT of golf balls. I bet you could get a lot without even diving though.

Back home we used to go digging for clams. You would use a metal rake and wade into the muddy marsh areas and dig them out at low tide. I am sure a similar technique would work for golf balls. Plus you could wack a giant eel or snake with the rake if you really had to. LOL

BamaCaveDiver
06-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Crocs are much more aggresive (at least the salty's are) than gators; the only time you really have to fear being close to a gator is when a big bull is staking out his domain during breeding season, or when a cow is sitting on her nest. I doubt you see very many bulls claiming a golf course pond as their private breeding grounds, and it is as unlikely that you will find a cow making a nest so close to human activity. Most of what you will find in a golf course pond will be younger juveniles just looking for a safe place to grow big before moving on to better forays. There is a much greater danger of encountering snakes in that golf pond.

If you want to make good money retrieving golf balls, just make contact with your local driving ranges. You can go about it much like clamming, draggin the bottom with a rake like device, but you will accomplish more if you are actually in the water actively searching.

Would I pay someone to teach me how to break into the business and make a fortune? Hell no, but then I never watch infomercials on late night TV either. Those who make the most at this practice are situated close to large courses with a number of driving ranges close by to sell the fruits of their labor to. All it really takes is enough common sense to deduce whether or not there is a sustainable market within your home area. I used to make good money as a kid fishing balls out of the ponds in FL; I doubt seriously if I would have the same luck up here in KY.

rmediver
06-21-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.travelgolf.com/departments/clubhouse/golf-ball-divers-531.htm

reefraff
06-21-2007, 04:54 PM
..on average, a golfer loses 4.5 balls per round.

That is TOTAL BS!

GirlDiver
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here...but would this post be better in a different forum? Not sure that you're going to reach the intended audience in the Scuba Chix forum.

While I've done several articles about commercial divers who are females, I haven't met a female golf ball diver... :o

Cheers!

Sarah
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Interesting thread, but GD, you're right, it belongs in the job opportunities section.

Oh blast, I've been putting off figuring out how to move an entire thread, now I have to go look it up, lol.....

Update; Hey, it worked!

dalehall
07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Here's me at my local Golf Course. It's only a 4 foot gator I'm feeding, but I have no idea where Mama is... Haven't seen her yet.. Note: Gators like potato Chips. :D

MySpaceTV Videos: Waterford Gator by Dale (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9878946)

amtrosie
07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
You have got to be kidding me !!!! That idiot deserves to be bitten by that gator! Better yet, I'll supply the laugh track for this moron.

dalehall
07-15-2007, 12:17 AM
You have got to be kidding me !!!! That idiot deserves to be bitten by that gator! Better yet, I'll supply the laugh track for this moron.

Sticks and Stones.

Just because you don't have the balls to do it doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I knew what I was doing and neither of us (I nor the gator) were in any danger at any time.

Sarah
07-15-2007, 01:07 AM
If folks can refrain from calling fellow members names, you'd be a daisy!

JS1scuba
07-15-2007, 01:41 AM
See and now you know that it takes BALLS to be a good diver!

Cheers

acelockco
07-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Golf Balls that is.

acelockco
07-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Sticks and Stones.

Just because you don't have the balls to do it doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I knew what I was doing and neither of us (I nor the gator) were in any danger at any time.

Um....well when did potato chips become a staple of the alligator diet? Do you really think it is good for the alligator? How about helping to associate food and people to the alligator.

So maybe that is why, not because of your balls.

kirwoodd
07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Its uncool that this is my first post, so I will immediately fill out my profile and post in the introductions forum....:D

Come on guys,
the thread starter has ONE post and its clearly a "get rich" scammer.

acelockco
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Its uncool that this is my first post, so I will immediately fill out my profile and post in the introductions forum....:D

Come on guys,
the thread starter has ONE post and its clearly a "get rich" scammer.

Welcome aboard kirwoodd. You are right, it was their only post EVER and it was to try to sell something. Funny thing is I don't think anyone here actually bought the book. Maybe one of us should buy the ebook and post it here for everyone. ;)

lars2923
04-22-2011, 05:21 PM
a very welcoming character description.

Think about how you would feel being called an idiot or what ever word rattles your cage, for posting.

We may not agree with the feeding, the personal attacks, either joking or not, need to stop.

Thanx,
L

acelockco
04-23-2011, 05:25 PM
a very welcoming character description.

Think about how you would feel being called an idiot or what ever word rattles your cage, for posting.

We may not agree with the feeding, the personal attacks, either joking or not, need to stop.

Thanx,
L

Lars, you are 100% right.....IF THIS WERE A REAL NEW MEMBER.

The person that posted was a spammer and has placed a link to another page to gain sales or to scam people out of money. Their post made no sense and had nothing to do with scuba. We are constantly getting bombarded with spammers and it is extremely frustrating to deal with them.

So it was not a joke and it would never happen to anyone really trying to be a member.

NO :spam:

Rcontrera
04-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Can't you just delete those posts?

acelockco
04-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Can't you just delete those posts?

I am always deleting those posts. Once in a while I get frustrated while doing it, especially when that new spammer puts up post after post. It takes a lot of time to do this and it gets my goat. From time to time I just loose my cool and say something. I wasn't aware that I was upsetting any of our real members, so in light of that I will no longer poke fun at the spammers as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Rcontrera
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
I am always deleting those posts. Once in a while I get frustrated while doing it, especially when that new spammer puts up post after post. It takes a lot of time to do this and it gets my goat. From time to time I just loose my cool and say something. I wasn't aware that I was upsetting any of our real members, so in light of that I will no longer poke fun at the spammers as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I do the same on another board. I delete the post, kick the member and block the IP. It is a little frustrating, but that is what I signed on for when I took the job.

And it isn't a matter of hurting anyone's feelings. Most people have no idea there is a problem and end up thinking you are just being a jerk.

Hang in there buddy ... we feel your pain!;)

acelockco
04-26-2011, 02:47 AM
I do the same on another board. I delete the post, kick the member and block the IP. It is a little frustrating, but that is what I signed on for when I took the job.

And it isn't a matter of hurting anyone's feelings. Most people have no idea there is a problem and end up thinking you are just being a jerk.

Hang in there buddy ... we feel your pain!;)

THANK YOU! I thought no one understood and now I feel so much better. Yep, same process here by the way. I feel like I am :beat: with all of this :spam:

By the way, do you know how we can get a better selection of smiles :)

acelockco
04-26-2011, 02:47 AM
by the way, do you know how we can get a better selection of smiles :)

read - free smiles???

Rcontrera
04-27-2011, 03:49 AM
I used phpBB for my board and the user groups had TONS of skins, addon's and smileys. Try the user group for whatever software you are using here.

acelockco
04-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Will do some research, I have no clue but I am sure I can figure it out.

Rcontrera
04-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Looks like you are using vBulletin and they have a community forum at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ You should be able to get your board answers there. By the way ... this board software appears to be out of date since you are running 3.8.6 and the current version is 4.0.

acelockco
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks. I am going to start learning how to use this stuff I guess.

I really appreciate your help.

The Publisher
04-29-2011, 05:18 AM
We haven't updated to the 4.0 series as some functionality will be lost without a whole lot of new functionality to gain in the process.

Yeah, the spammers don't bother me at all, it doesn't get my goat, as it is rarely a human anyway. There is a certain futility with arguing or insulting a computer program! lol

When we see a spammer with a hyperlink, if we're not positive, we delete the hyperlink and block the ability to create a future hyperlink to the profile.

If it is an obvious spammer, then their posts are deleted, even en-mass if needed, and their IP is blocked.

As to additional emoticons, we added a few that looked like they were created with the same style, but there are far more out there but with a different style, and we try to keep it uniform. The ones we added gave users the ability to convey an emotion as often times readers cannot tell.

acelockco
04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
As to additional emoticons, we added a few that looked like they were created with the same style, but there are far more out there but with a different style, and we try to keep it uniform. The ones we added gave users the ability to convey an emotion as often times readers cannot tell.

Yea' users here are only entitled to convey emotion as long as it is uniform and fits one of the 15 emotions you are allowed. It looks like a guy with a bat beating a dead horse is pretty uniform with the other smiley faces.

rszarka
08-07-2015, 07:13 AM
I just found this thread while browsing. It looks like I made the original post years ago right after I first wrote my book before I knew proper internet etiquette .... I apologise for just signing up to your site and advertising like that!
I am a very lousy get rich quick scammer as I am definitely not rich haha..I dove for balls for many years, even had my own retrieval company... What everyone has said here is correct. it is a dirty nasty dangerous job mainly for the young and fearless that want to make a lot of money quickly... It's definitely not for everyone, I Know 3 people that have drowned doing this .... You can make a lot of money, it's not uncommon to find thousands upon thousands of balls on a single dive... But the danger and the muck you climb in, ear infections you get and the sheer creepy factor of not seeing a damn thing while you dive with beats like gators do make it a job where most that try it say screw the money lol
Anyways I'm a fellow diver, found this thread while searching around and wanted to apologise for being rude with my post all those years ago...