PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz, 6-16-07

PhotoTJ
06-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Went to Santa Cruz on the Explorer, I still need the drysuit practice. The first dive site was fine when we went in, about five minutes later a nice ripping current came up, so it was more than a little struggle. Came up, munched on chips and salsa while the boat moved, then got ready to dive potato rock. It's a pinnacle, 15 feet to the top, 83 to the bottom. Good viz, great dive, a couple scallops, and a cabazon. Still need to get my rig trimmed out, I'll work on that. Took a vote back on board, decided we all liked this site so much we wanted to stay, the last dive I hunted the sand for halibut, did not see a one. I swear, they know when I'm looking for them. Wound up playing tag with a juvi sealion for the end of the dive.

A great trip, good diving, good times!

acelockco
06-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a great dive. How was the visibility and what was the water temp?

I recently did a few dives off Anacapa Island. There was no current, but there was a huge amount of surge. The visibility was not the best maybe about 15 feet. The water was also only in the low 50's at depth. Amazing fish and other animals you lucky West Coast divers have! We have nothing like it here in the North Atlantic. :(

But we do have AMAZING WRECKS!!! :D

hbh2oguard
06-21-2007, 05:52 AM
only low 50's, well I guess that's a little warmer than the 40's of the North Atlantic

Archangel
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
We hardcore So Cal divers are missing out on that ccccold North Atlantic water.

If you guys are out here any time soon, maybe we could do a ScubaMag meet and greet, get a boat together and have an excuse to throw a party cloaked on a dive YACHT!

Heck, maybe we can even coax the gorgeous iDiveChick out of her comfy babe lair and get her out with us!

iDive. . . if you come out, I promise to do you a schweet pedicure. . . you need to bring the polish tho'. . .

acelockco
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Dude, you need a girlfriend. LOL

Anyway, just got back from California diving, so it will be a while. Until then I am back to my comfy North Atlantic waters. By the way, the bottom temps are definately on the rise, I saw 54 degrees last dive!!!!